Honored Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

my dog let's me know when they stop by.

Respected Contributor

The regular UPS guy always knocks and is extremely careful as to placement of packages. I cannot hear it unless I am in the living room though and my dogs are older so I carefully track and watch since I am retired and generally home. I have become familiar with the sound of the big brown truck also Smiley Happy and can hear that from anywhere on my property . Most packages anymore are sure posted so I use the informed delivery tracking and sometimes that is helpful , sometimes not

In my area I find FedX the worst when not the regular delivery person. I caught one just about to toss something over the porch railing from the driveway. H e then handed it to me and said "your package ma'am '. I scowled .

Honored Contributor

UPS nor USPS does not ring door bell, FedEx does most of the time!   We always do a night check of the doors to be sure they are locked, and have found packages on the front porch!

Respected Contributor

Not any more. My retired UPS driver always knocked and even chatted sometimes. There is no permanent replacement and the new ones never knock. I signed up for UPS My Choice so at least I know when something is due for delivery.

My regular USPS person left and it’s the same situation. She always knocked when I had a package.  No replacement yet and none of the temps ever let me know when an order arrives.

Oh well, my spoiled days are over. 

Honored Contributor

I think my UPS guy (whom I just adore, as he's been our regular for so many years now) must feel he's allergic to my doorbell.  It plays the Westminster chimes.  He barely touches the bell long enough for one note to sound.  And I even have a little sign saying please press and hold the door bell.  And I've also talked with him about it.  He's the most laid-back person I've ever met, so I don't feel he's in a hurry.  Just a "thing" with him I guess.

Respected Contributor

No, they used to come to my 6th floor apt. Now all packages are thrown in the lobby of my 105 apt. Building. I bring up all my neighbors packages on my floor.

Unfortunately, this is the new normal. The drivers and mail carriers are very overworked with all of the online shipping.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

No but at this point they would be ringing a different house since they can't seem to find my house and deliver to the right address anymore.  Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like our experience and that why we use our post office box or the UPS store.

@OKPrincess  I didn't know you could ship to a UPS store.  I will have to look into that!

Esteemed Contributor

Almost always; it's rare that they don't ring the bell or knock.  Can't say the same for my Amazon deliveries, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

No they don't, although our doorbell doesn't work half the time so maybe they do.

Amazon never does. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes but only one route driver waits to see if anyone is home.