Super Contributor

When they deliver a package do they ring your doorbell?

Mine didn't yesterday and for some reason I didn't hear their normally loud truck.

My gift purchase, a fitbit, sat in freezing temperatures all night. Hope it's ok.

And a pair of earrings I ordered were broken but I have to blame the shipper on that one. Bad packaging for such a delicate pair of earrings. 

It was a rough day in the world of online shopping. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

They don't even come up on my porch most of the time. They just slide a package across the porch floor towards the door then drive off. The good thing is UPS typically lets me track the actual truck with the package, so I know when they're close. It's kind of neat following the truck on the map as it meanders its way to me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Yes, they knock on my door, so will my FedEx guy they are great !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither UPS nor USPS rings my doorbell anymore, no idea why.

I've even repeatedly rang my doorbell myself, to be sure it's working!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They knock very loud

Valued Contributor

No, they haven't even if I'm supposed to sign for a package they haven't rang the bell. 

I used to get my medicine by mail and the package sat out in the hot sun for hours. I called the pharmacy to find out if my medicine was still safe to take. I was supposed to have to sign to get the medicine, but I didn't even know he had been here.

This time of year, we are lucky if the right package gets to the right house. Many of the drivers are hired just for the holiday season and they don't know North from South on the streets. They may drop off a delivery at the right house number, but on the wrong street.

Honored Contributor

Never rings the doorbell, but, I track the package and know about what time the truck is coming to my street!

http://www.123greety.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/happy-wednesday-comments.jpg

Respected Contributor

I'm usually at work when my packages are delivered. When I have been home, they don't ring the bell, they just leave it on the porch and go. I think it depends on the driver and carrier. Monday night, the postal worker rang my doorbell and handed me my packages and other mail. 

Honored Contributor

No but at this point they would be ringing a different house since they can't seem to find my house and deliver to the right address anymore.  Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

That has been a pet peeve of mine ,with so many thefts this time of year you would think they would be more careful. I love that amazon will take a picture of your delivery but wish they would ring my bell ,some do but not all??