Honored Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

Yes, UPS rings my doorbell every time.  The only time they don't is when it's very bad weather and they drive around to the back of my townhome in the cul-de-sac and place the package on the side of my garage (it's in a corner, so it won't get thrashed around in gusts of wind).  They are great.

I cannot say the same when it's some of the other delivery companies QVC uses.   

Honored Contributor

They usually don't but lastnight they did at 8:30.  Of course my DH was home.  Couldn't sneak that one in. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

No but at this point they would be ringing a different house since they can't seem to find my house and deliver to the right address anymore.  Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like our experience and that why we use our post office box or the UPS store.

Esteemed Contributor

If it's a lovely weather day they place things in between my storm door and reg door and ring the bell. If it's pouring down raining they throw it on the step landing so it gets nice and soggy and don't go near the doorbell.

Respected Contributor

Some times yes. Sometimes no.

Same with my mailman if leaving a pkg at the door.

Probably more yes than no though.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

This time of year they leave my packages down stairs near my mailbox, I track all of my  packages so I know when they are out for delivery

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, usually. The dog usually barks too.

UPS tracking is the most reliable info I've found about package whereabouts, though.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@jamsgam wrote:

That has been a pet peeve of mine ,with so many thefts this time of year you would think they would be more careful. I love that amazon will take a picture of your delivery but wish they would ring my bell ,some do but not all??

@jamsgam, please don't get too comfortable about Amazon's delivery program.  Google this phrase:  amazon driver takes picture of delivery then steals package

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Seldom.

Super Contributor

@petepetey wrote:

When they deliver a package do they ring your doorbell?

Mine didn't yesterday and for some reason I didn't hear their normally loud truck.

My gift purchase, a fitbit, sat in freezing temperatures all night. Hope it's ok.

And a pair of earrings I ordered were broken but I have to blame the shipper on that one. Bad packaging for such a delicate pair of earrings. 

It was a rough day in the world of online shopping. 

You were given a tracking number so there's no reason for your package to have sat outside overnight.