Honored Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

@Laura14 wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

No but at this point they would be ringing a different house since they can't seem to find my house and deliver to the right address anymore.  Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like our experience and that why we use our post office box or the UPS store.

@OKPrincess  I didn't know you could ship to a UPS store.  I will have to look into that!

Yes, it’s worth checking out. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, he rings the bell.  I live in a condo and I work from my home I can see him when he comes up the front steps.  I buzz him in and he comes down the 6 stairs and gives me my packages.  They all do that.  They ring the bell for the 2nd and 3rd floor residents but they don't go upstairs.  They wait a minute for them to come down and then they leave their packages at the mailboxes.  But if no one buzzes them in which is the signal that the resident is home, they take the packages to one of the access points.  Amazon does leave packages on the outside.  Amazon rings the bell, drops the package, takes a picture of it with their cells phone and they sprint back to the car or truck.  

Esteemed Contributor

My UPS delivery man doesn’t ring the bell, but my beagle always starts barking when he drops a package at my front door. 

Respected Contributor

I find it varies by driver and day.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. I just look out the window to see if there’s something on my porch, so it’s not a problem.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I guess I am lucky to have a really nice UPS driver who always not only rings the bell but gives the door a loud rap or two. If the package is heavy he will slide it in the front door for me with a smile on his face. I always remember him at Christmas for all he does for me all year long. I like UPS because it is easy to track your packages and know when they will be delivered. They are at least for me a day or two earlier than the Post Office. We have a lock box for USPS so I don't have to worry about deliveries and they also are easy to track. I find Amazon tracking frustrating and OnTrac also. It's too bad seeing as how you pay for shipping most places you can't pick what service you want to deliver your packages.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually know when I'm expecting a package - so I spend lots of time looking out my front window for the UPS/FedEX trucks. My usual UPS driver not only rings my doorbell but waits for me to open the door --- but most other UPS/FedEx guys just leave my package on my  porch - by my front door - for everyone to see!!! I'm retired and home - so I can watch for it. You can't have it sit out for too long - as the porch pirates will steal it.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a delivery person ring my doorbell for a couple of years now.  They just hit and run.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't have a bell, but UPS just leaves box on steps, either front or back steps, even tho a sign on back door says please deliever to front door.

Honored Contributor

Yes, usually UPS does either knock real quick on the door or ring the bell.....none of the other delivery people do that.  They just leave the package.