Trusted Contributor

Stores I always shop through Rakuten for - Walmart for example, and Ulta, no longer offer a percentage back. Walmart doesn't participate at all and Ulta offers only select coupons, 0% back.

Other shops have dropped dramatically - I remember when Sephora was 8% cash back and now it's 2%.

I miss Ebates. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you still use Rakuten?

@PilatesLover  I seldom use them for reasons stated elsewhere. 

Lately many retailers aren’t offering rebates anywhere.  At least not sites I use. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

yes, i still use rakuten/ebates.

i use four rebate sites consistently, depending on who has the best cash back......mr rebates, rakuten/ebates, retailmenot, topcashback.

currently, retailmenot has 10% cash back for both qvc and hsn.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A lot of companies are not participating in any of the rebate sites, due to the current situation.

Amazon isn't participating either, along with many other online businesses.

I still use MrRebates, got a check the other day, but the rebate % is low on many sites still participating in rebates.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I stopped when it switched to Rakuten.  I noticed a huge fall off at that point and usually I am ordering from my phone anyway.  Not worth it in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

I still use it.  But I don't make much money from it, for sure. 

I remember a TV commercial several years ago, where they featured a woman saying she made $9000 off of Ebates/Rakuten.  How much money did she have to spend to get $9000 rebate??!!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I moved to Ibotta about 6 months ago.  Had been a user of Rakuten since the beginning and made the move because Rakuten's rebate amounts had dropped significantly.  Ibotta's lowest rebate that I have noticed is 2.5% and there have been several occasions when the rebates on QVC and HSN have been between 7 to 10%.  They use PayPal so you don't receive a check.  

Respected Contributor

I signed up with them a few weeks ago so my sister could get a referral bonus. Although DH and I are doing our level best to keep the economy afloat, my Rakuten credit as of the end of April is $.65. 🙄 Our problem is forgetting to make our purchases through the Rakuten website. 

Honored Contributor

I still use Rakuten and ShopAtHome depending on which site has the higher rebate.  Since most of my online shopping doesn't get rebates I figured 2 were enough to keep up with.  It gets used mostly for HSN & QVC.  

Valued Contributor

I have used them--when I remember.

Some of the stores that I have used are not part of it--so unable to get any benefit.