Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still use Rakuten?

@Wenhen1980 wrote:

Long time QVC customer.  Our issue with QVC/Rakuten is that QVC is pretending that they will give a rebate.  We place our order with a Rakuten shopping trip open.  The order goes through and we even see the popup message that the money will be in our account soon.  The problem is that the money never shows up.  This seems to have started when Ebates changed their name to Rakuten. 

HSN orders go right through and the rebate is usually posted very shortly.  It does not make sense that one part of HSN/QVC pays every time and the other part never pays.

If QVC is not going to participate in this rebate program then just turn it off and not give any indication that money will be paid.  If they are going to participate then pay it out consistenly and quickly.

@Wenhen1980 I think some sites have exclusions.  Maybe that's it.  I thnk at some point HSN or QVC didn't allow rebates on the TSVs, but I'm not sure.  You would have to go and read the exclusions for the particular site to know. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I still use it.  But I don't make much money from it, for sure. 

I remember a TV commercial several years ago, where they featured a woman saying she made $9000 off of Ebates/Rakuten.  How much money did she have to spend to get $9000 rebate??!!

@Peaches McPhee - like the woman on Poshmark that sold so much she was able to pay for her wedding!  Weddings are not cheap, so how much did she originally spend to pay for that party.

@CelticCrafter  I have similar thoughts on that Poshmark commercial.  Who spends that much money on designer clothing just to turn around and sell it?  If I spend a lot of money on clothing, I expect to wear it forever.  Even when I don't spend a lot, I wear things forever.  Most of those sites only accept designer or high end stuff which pretty much leaves me out.

Esteemed Contributor

I am way late to this bandwagon.  I just started using Rakuten fairly recently.  If I had been using it (or whatever it was before) for all my QVC purchases for all these years, it would have added up to quite a bit.  So far, I have only used it for QVC and Lands' End.  Usually QVC is only 1% back.  A few days ago, it was 10% back, and of course I bought something.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use whoever is giving me the most bang for my buck at the time of my purchase, whether it be Rakuten, Top Cashback, Extrabux, RetailMeNot or Be Frugal or Mr Rebates. 

I did stop using ShopAtHome several years ago, their CS was horrible. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, I still do. Some of the stores I use it for has offered decent % and that's when I buy. I have received around one hundred dollars each month the last 2~3 months. As for the stores who have super low % or ones that aren't even offering one will come back eventually I'm guessing. When the brick & mortar stores closed that when some of my stores started with 10~15-20% back, so that when I purchased. They weren't able to make any money at their stores so they encouraged on line shopping but so many were doing that some stores just stopped the % offerings....