Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still use Rakuten?

Yesterday at Rakuten, I got 15% cash back: Shoes.com with free shipping as well as 15% Chico's.

For a few weeks, the %'s were very low and I skipped buying anything.  I am sure when the lockdown is over, some of the big companies will comeback.  It's a waiting game.

CAREFUL:  If you start out on Rakuten and proceed to the website you want and for some reason you have a problem and get customer service, you will not get cash back if they  process the order for you.   Sheer dumb luck I asked if the order would be reported to Rakuten: NO, you have to do it all on line !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I am an avid ebay buyer, they are no longer on any rebate sites as of yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer Mr Rebates because I can let the money build up and request a check.  Many of the places I shop do not give rebates.

Honored Contributor

I always check Mr. Rebates, Rakuten and Top Cash Back.  More often than not Top Cash Back has the highest rebate amount.

I also check Retailmenot but 9 times out of 10 the posted coupon codes don't work and I've had issues in the past with getting any rebate from them so I've about given up with them. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, depending on what percent the rebate is for.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use all  of the sites mentioned and Be Frugal and Extrabux, i use whoever is giving me the most back on the day of my purchase, my theory is if I am going to use these sites, may as well get the most out of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

A lot of companies are not participating in any of the rebate sites, due to the current situation.

Amazon isn't participating either, along with many other online businesses.

I still use MrRebates, got a check the other day, but the rebate % is low on many sites still participating in rebates.

Although there are no amazon rebates, one can still donate to their charity by ordering through smile dot amazon dot com. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I still use it.  But I don't make much money from it, for sure. 

I remember a TV commercial several years ago, where they featured a woman saying she made $9000 off of Ebates/Rakuten.  How much money did she have to spend to get $9000 rebate??!!

@Peaches McPhee - like the woman on Poshmark that sold so much she was able to pay for her wedding!  Weddings are not cheap, so how much did she originally spend to pay for that party.

Honored Contributor

I use Mr. Rebates and Retailmenot

I wonder why they changed their name to something that you don't know what it does?  Ebates seemed to be relatively self explanatory.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

Long time QVC customer.  Our issue with QVC/Rakuten is that QVC is pretending that they will give a rebate.  We place our order with a Rakuten shopping trip open.  The order goes through and we even see the popup message that the money will be in our account soon.  The problem is that the money never shows up.  This seems to have started when Ebates changed their name to Rakuten. 

HSN orders go right through and the rebate is usually posted very shortly.  It does not make sense that one part of HSN/QVC pays every time and the other part never pays.

If QVC is not going to participate in this rebate program then just turn it off and not give any indication that money will be paid.  If they are going to participate then pay it out consistenly and quickly.