Respected Contributor

Re: Do you sleep with your jewelry on?

[ Edited ]

I keep the basics on overnight: left hand rings, watch, necklace and stud earrings. I do take my watch off to shower but that's it. I've tried taking the earrings out only to forget to replace them in the morning. I have no problem changing earrings depending on what I'm wearing, but I can only sleep with the studs.

Not wearing my watch feels completely awkward. It's one of the first things I put back on after a shower. 

Do I clean them all on a regular basis? Yes. Rings and bracelet at least once a year so the settings can be checked. Soak the studs in a small lid filled with water/Dawn. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do if it's my everyday jewelry.  Necklaces are hard to remove and put back on.  Fancy stuff gets taken off.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I wear jewelry in my piercings 24/7 but all other jewelry is only worn if I'm leaving the house. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

My wedding rings stay on, unless I am coloring my hair.  Then I have to do that fast, cuz DH insists we are not married if I don't have them on, silly boy!  My watch is only taken off at shower time.  I have had one on since 10yrs old, so I feel REAL NAKED when I'm not wearing it.  If I put a pendant on or earrings in I leave them, unless they are pearls.----------ted

Esteemed Contributor

I don't sleep with jewelry on as a rule, but I just had my ears pierced (3rd hole) the other day, so I'm currently sleeping with small gold balls.  

Respected Contributor

I sleep with my wedding ring set on but I take all my other jewelry off.  I keep my wedding rings on because a few times I put them away and "lost" them.  Easier to keep them on.

Honored Contributor

Just a watch with a glowy face, all my rings come off for sleep.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I have two bracelets I never take off. One is gold and one is steel.  The gold one was so hard to fasten, I am never removing it.  And steel is tough, and doesn't need pampering. All other jewelry I take off at bedtime.

Esteemed Contributor

I always wears my wedding band and studs.
Respected Contributor

All jewelry comes off as soon as I walk in the door.  I don't wear it at home unless I have company and never wear any jewelry when I go to bed.

During the summer, with all the outdoor activities and the fact that I wear a lot of sunscreen, I just don't bother with jewelry.