Honored Contributor

Re: Do you sleep with your jewelry on?

I sleep with my silver Tiffany bracelet and fine gold chain with a diamond pendant every night. My earring I change out but lately I've been wearing 1 inch gold hoops to bed. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Day, night, sleep, awake, no matter where, I ALWAYS wear earrings. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just my 'at-home' watch, like I've been doing most of my life LOL.

It's pretty comfy since it's made from resin, plus it's digital and also backlit when you press a button.

Super Contributor

I leave my ring on but always take other jewelry off, especially earrings, as I do not want to bend the post if I happen to sleep on my ear the wrong way.

Honored Contributor

If we meet we might recognize one another by the jewelry we're wearing, or depending on the time of day, not wearing!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Yep.  Well, I wear 3 bracelets on each arm and one necklace every day.  I never take those off.  About half of them are from QVC.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Interesting question! I am inconsistent, but sleep in my channel set diamond wedding band and small diamond stud earrings in second ear piercing. I feed horses and goats each evening so I don't want to chance losing jewelry in the pasture or barn. I occasionally sleep in hoop earrings but don't want to damage prong set jewelry at home so all that is removed when I get home. I occasionally sleep in a necklace, but never pearls. I do remove all jewelry weekly for cleaning. Like I said, I am inconsistent.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I only wear jewerly when I go out and about. Never at home.

Respected Contributor

I sleep with my crucifix and anchor pendant always, as well as my studs or huggie earrings.  My earrings and rings get cleaned on weekends with a soft tooth brush and dawn dish liquid.  I wear my rings and watch when I go out, and they come off as soon as I get home.  

Honored Contributor

No.  The only thing jewelry-wise I never take off is my wedding band.  I can't stand wearing jewelry to sleep -- it bugs me!!  I used to wear all these sterling silver bracelets that I never took off.  Granted, they were small, but I would wake up and sometimes have unexplained scratches and figured out it was from the bracelets.  I also used to wear tiny diamond stud earrings and then I lost the backs and a couple times I actually lost the earrings.  As for necklaces, I sometimes broke the chains.  I guess I must toss and turn a lot in my sleep!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin