Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Still Have a Sears Store?

No, we have no Sears Store any more.  Even though the main store was really getting bad, I still went there and bought stuff.  This was a store that generations of families always purchased from and I was so sad to see the demise of yet another store.  The optical department and automotive repair shop is really missed, I'm sure.  These 2 sections always seemed to be busy.  I do still get e-mails that they have appliances and other things which you can order on-line.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Our Sears closed many years back also Shopgo,Kmart,Iam sure others I can't remember!No matter,it's sad.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @shoesnbags I'll keep that in mind.

Trusted Contributor

All of our Sears stores closed when the malls where they were located shut down.we now just have two malls in our area and neither have a Sears; the malls only have high-end stores and boutiques. I rarely go to either of them. 

Trusted Contributor

Our Sears closed a few years ago and I felt bad about that. They had been in  our town for many years and we used to buy appliances from them when we were newly married. They held up for years so I was sorry to see them go. 

Trusted Contributor

We have a small one here in Vermont that only sells appliances that are over-priced.  I'm surprised it is still in business.