Honored Contributor

Nature at Her Best

[ Edited ]

https://fb.watch/coAlAxlaHf/

Gorgeous sunset over the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge near Taos, NM.  This bridge is about 600ft above the river and is seriously scary.  I'll drive across it but won't walk anywhere near it.  Rafting below on the river

Screenshot_20220414-210753_kindlephoto-1453755276.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Nice pic!  Are any of the wildfires near you?  Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

For me it was the Royal Gorge Bridge that scared the %#!&  out of me. If you zoom in on this you can see people walking across the bridge. When I did that I could see between the planks to the river below, which is almost 1,000 feet away, and the wind was blowing making the bridge sway really bad...yikes.

Royal Gorge Bridge - Wikipedia

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 and @SilleeMee  I would be in full panic attack on either bridge but especially one that I can feel move in the wind.  Had enough trouble going across the Sunshine Skyway in FL, which is very high and long,  especially when the tanker had taken down one big section of the bridge and everyone drove across the one remaining bridge and could look over and see the part of the bridge that was gone......     

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I've been to the Royal Forge twice and both times waited in the car.  My mom talked about a trip she made on the train through the gorge as a girl.

I hate high, scary places.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, @Kachina624 it is beautiful. I would love to come see it in person. I am terrified of height, so I wouldn't walk anywhere near it either. 

Honored Contributor

Not getting me on either of those bridges, in a car or otherwise.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 

For me it was the Royal Gorge Bridge that scared the %#!&  out of me. If you zoom in on this you can see people walking across the bridge. When I did that I could see between the planks to the river below, which is almost 1,000 feet away, and the wind was blowing making the bridge sway really bad...yikes.

Royal Gorge Bridge - Wikipedia

Never in a million years,would i be able to walk that ,i got so scared at the grand canyon, it terrified me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Google New River Gorge Bridge in Glen Jean,WV, and note the similarities!   

Our WV bridge is the site of Bridge Day in October, when it is closed to thru traffic, and is full of different vendors.  People come from far and wide to parachute off the bridge into the gorge below.  Whitewater rafting is extremely popular thru this area.   

Beautiful bridge, but driving/riding across it creeps me out!