Honored Contributor

I'm happiest when I can take off my street clothes and put on my long robe.  I'd live in them if I could.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I love wearing in evening . also in morning on weekends.   I have looked over last three years to replace but have not seen just the ight one.  It does not appear that choices have been that abundant.  Want long, cozy, with wrap around style.

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@Jordan2 

Own a robe!  I do have 1, on loan from my 2nd home, the hospital. Nice cotton my favorite color, light blue.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I’m short and the sleeves may be too long for me too, but I really do not care. I’ll just roll them up.

It’s 38 degrees at 12:15 and the back deck door is open because our fur boys like being on the wrap-around deck coming in and out and in and out and …

It’s freezing! I’m freezing!

Did you hear ‘allegedly’ more snow on Thursday?

Thank You again for posting about a brand I had never heard of.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

Some website suggestions on where to look for snap-front robes:

NorthStyle

LLBean

AmeriMark

Blair

National

Honored Contributor

I invested in a very high quality cotton terry robe with a sewn in belt and a hood. Never regretted it. I keep it on a hook by the shower.

I wear it right out of the shower and it accomplishes some of the drying off immediately. I also put it on over pjs, when needed, such as when I'm a guest or have guests. It is definitely too heavy to take on a plane.

In general I would feel off if I had no robe. We are all different though and that is a good thing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I have 10 robes, 6 of which are cotton terry; 3 of which are cotton waffle pique and an Eileen West white cotton batiste.  I wear nothing but white cotton for bedwear.  I would never wear one of the Berkshire.  They would make me hot and make me feel as if bugs were crawling on me.  They give me the creepy crawlers just looking at them.  I did have a Barefoot Dreams in white and I liked it, the only thing from Barefoot Dreams that did not shed in my washer/dryer but it costs way  more than the Uggs and Natori.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@Boehm Collector 

Some website suggestions on where to look for snap-front robes:

NorthStyle

LLBean

AmeriMark

Blair

National

Thank you, @DottieBlue 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Own A Robe

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Jordan2 

You may only need a light robe for any unexpected hospital stays.

I work and may change into a robe when there is a short time to bed after I get home.  I had on a robe last night.

In summer,  I prefer a caftan from Expressions.

@ECBG 

I just came home from the hospital from 7 days.  I had to have a robe any time I went to the bathroom and I had to have assistance going and coming from bathroom as I was in hypovolemic shock, which makes you a little unaware of modesty, and to keep me from exposing my everything the nurses were kind enough to put my robe on me.  The male charge nurses were even the nicest about making sure I was well clothed.   My DIL brought me 3 of the white cotton terry ones and I was happy to have them.  Cotton keeps you at a delightful body temperature once you reach a nice temeprature (as does silk).  That fuzzy wuzzy stuff will make you hot and stinky even when the weather is cold, in menopause and beyond.

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:
After I shower in the morning, I put one on while I finish getting ready for work.... breakfast, hair and makeup, etc. Getting dressed is the last thing I do before heading out the door. I only use robes with snaps.

@shoptilyadropagain   .. where do you purchase your robes with snaps?  I only wear robes with snaps but they are becoming increasingly difficult to find.  

@Boehm Collector  The Vermont Country Store has a cotton flannel snap front robe.  It looks nice.  

Thank you, @walkingal