Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Get Sad This Time Of Year

@Jordan2 wrote:

So the holidays are over and I'm still feeling blue. 2019 wasn't a very good year, I wasn't sorry to see it go. People say they hope the new year will be good to you, it seems like every one has hopes and is then disappointed.

I agree.  It is how each individual is able to overcome this disappointment that determines a return to happiness.  I wish you a better year ahead.

Contributor

My husband and I are retired, no kids at home and we routinely spend the Christmas day by ourselves.  Several years ago, I started buying my own gifts (maybe 2 or 3) and then I would put those gifts on top of the bedroom closet shelf and tell my husband to wrap them up for me.  I would then go out and purchase 2 to 3 gifts for him and wrap them up for him for Christmas morning.  By the time Christmas rolled around, I am always happy to unwrap the gifts, he's happy that I'm happy and he's happy because I usually get him something unique.  Win-Win!  I mean, only we know our own exquisite taste, right??  

This yeaar I received a box of Beekman's goat milk items, a good book and a small reading lamp that clamps on the headboard.  I had a wonderful relaxing Christmas day!  It's so different than it used to be with the kids we had at home.  We find that this is the way for us to excape the Xmas Blues. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So the holidays are over and I'm still feeling blue. 2019 wasn't a very good year, I wasn't sorry to see it go. People say they hope the new year will be good to you, it seems like every one has hopes and is then disappointed.

I agree.  It is how each individual is able to overcome this disappointment that determines a return to happiness.  I wish you a better year ahead.

@deepwaterdotter , thanks for the kind words, I hope we all have a happy and healthy 2020.

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl   I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. Good friends are hard to find. 
   Three of us from high school would do lunch and birthdays. One had a hip replacement and she was on a cane at lunch. She said she was on a walker mostly.
  About a month later my other friend called and said she fell and was on life support. We went to see her and she passed a few days later. We attended the funeral together. 

The other friend and I meet often, her husband isn't well. It's so sad when this all happens. But I'm glad we've had the friendships and I can remember out past experiences.

The older I get the more life changes. It's not the same.

Respected Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
Happycat01, Thank You! I woke-up this morning and felt shame, and my thoughts were the same, that my sharing was perhaps inappropriate to post on this forum. I will continue to ask for prayers, and forgiveness if I was 'over-the-top with my message.

@QVCalm 

Are you ok?  I am just now reading your post, and no, it was not inappropriate at all.  There are times when we just need to let it out.  I hope you are doing better.

Take care of yourself!