Honored Contributor

Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

So, I just finished eating a salad (with strawberries, lettuce, etc) and corn on the cob.

It was a wonderful meal.  After I ate it I wondered if other people combine weird food for 'a meal'?

I put together things like this all of the time.  Yesterday I had just a hamburger patty and pork and beans on a plate.  That was my meal.

I eat together whatever it is that I'm hungry for.  It's not unusual for me to eat scrambled eggs, pork and beans and something else totally unlike what some might eat together.

My question...Do any of you eat a dinner, lunch or breakfast with weird combinations?  This would be things that are normally not eaten together or usually eaten with other foods/combinations?

Do you also eat (for breakfast, etc) something that's usually eaten at an entirely different time of day?

I know it's not unusual for people to eat eggs, etc for dinner, but I'm talking about something totally different?

I think I eat, like just corn, things like that because I figured out a long time ago, through all of the various weight loss programs that if I don't eat exactly what I want when I want it, I'll go through the kitchen like a freaking locust until I give in and finally eat it!  Ha!

OK, fess up!  Come on...tell ole' Annabelle what are ya' gonna' fess up to today? Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

If i fix home,made baked beans ,i have to have cottage cheese mixed in with the beans on my plate.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Don't know if it is weird but every morning I have a banana and peanut butter (about 1/4 of a jar) for breakfast. That is it until about 1 p.m.

Valued Contributor

I love peanut butter and bananas. 

@goldensrbest, I think that sounds pretty good. Kind of like mixing sour cream with the beans. Sour cream can make anything taste better. 

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

@goldensrbest, I think that sounds pretty good. Kind of like mixing sour cream with the beans. Sour cream can make anything taste better. 

Sour cream is good on a hambuger.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

on French toast (Dad's favorite)  pineapple preserves and peanut butter

my cousin Laura: dip potato chips in semi-melted ice cream (folded potato chips are best)

my pregnancy fav sandwich: liverwurst with dill pickles and yellow mustard

my maternity leave breakfast:  scrambled eggs on toast with american cheese

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Ruby Laine wrote:

Sour cream is good on a hambuger.

I’ve never tried that, but I’m gonna!

ETA, @Mary Bailey, your post reminded me that I love tartar sauce with my French fries and shrimp sauce on eggs. 

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything weird about a salad with strawberries (and other whatevers) and corn on the cob.  Yesterday I had a salad that I added apples and corn to, so maybe that's weird to some people?

Esteemed Contributor

Do you also eat (for breakfast, etc) something that's usually eaten at an entirely different time of day?

I learned eons ago that my stomach has no idea what time of day it is so I can eat whatever I want whenever I want it.

As for unusual combinations I like to mix macaroni salad and pork and beans together and potato salad topped with unsweetened apple sauce.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I like peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. I have been thinking about the little girl on a TV ad putting peanut butter on her hot dog and her parents asked her where she learned that. She says, "the internet." Maybe not too bad, might have to try.