Respected Contributor

Re: Do Others eat weird combinations of food?

Although there are a lot of "strange" food combinations listed here, your dinner of corn on the cob and a salad is my idea of an excellent meal.

I practice proper food combining.  Meaning I do not combine complex starches w/proteins and when I consume fruit, fruit is always eaten by itself, or with baby greens in a salad, not with any heavier stuff.  Fruit digests so quickly so when you eat it as a dessert or with a complex starch it just sits in your stomach and fermentation begins. 

I feel I digest food better when I watch my combinations.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

When I am home alone I prefer to eat several different "small bites" rather than a full normal meal - like a variety of appetizers verses steak/chicken, potato, vegetable, etc.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

From the time I was a kid .... got it from my Mother .. banana on

toast for breakfast .....

Honored Contributor

I LOVE liverwurst on Triscuit crackers! Everyone else in my family gags ha ha. That's okay. I eat it anyway.

Honored Contributor

This sounds very Japanese or macrobiotic.  I used to make a rice cream with miso in it for breakfast.

@SilleeMee wrote:

Miso with oatmeal.

Respected Contributor

I don’t See anything unusual in your choices. At this time of year, my dinner sometimes is two ears of fresh sweet corn. Tonight, I ate an ear of corn and a bowl of cucumbers and onions, which I had prepared this morning using vinegar, sugar, and a bit of balsamic vinaigrette. My husband and I often do our own thing. Last night for dinner, I had a smoothie blended with a cup of milk, a teaspoon of instant coffee, 1/2 banana, half a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and ice. 

Honored Contributor

I like cottage cheese on baked potato.I also like to make a sandwich using cucumber instead of bread.

Honored Contributor

I had a Kosher pickle, and "hint of lime" chips for lunch today......but they seem to "go together".....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

My wife thinks I do, but who decides what's weird, me or my wife? She eats her combos and I eat mine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm a weird one that doesn't like my food to touch. I know things get mixed in my stomach but they don't have to on my taste buds.  I just keep a little space between vegies and meat or whatever is on my plate.  I take a lot of ribbing for it from family but it's all in good fun.  My 3 yr old grandson doesn't like his food to touch.  My son laughed out loud when I told him it's genetic.