Honored Contributor

Toys For Horses - Yes, Horses

[ Edited ]

There's a show I DVR every Saturday.  They talk about the latest inventions, etc.

So, the host (Ali) had on (from Arizona) a company

that makes toys for horses!  Horses like to play too!  The one that caught my eye was seeing the horses play with the huge balls.

They are actually playing with the balls.  I have two friends (sisters) from elementary school (been friends ever since) who have their own horse farms in Georgia.

They take in horses that have been mistreated or people no longer want or can afford.  Horses are expensive to take care of.

I send them money to help out and I thought it would be fun to send them one of these for their horses.

Look at this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSww-wPqtgw

***edited to remove link to another retail site.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Toys For Horses - Yes, Horses

That's so fun watching the horse's playing with the balls.  Thanks for sharing this!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Check your text msgs.  I'm sending you some pics of my Granddaughters in Hawaii and me and friends. Heart

Honored Contributor

The DoDo has cute videos with animals playing.

There’s a cow who is bellowing with delight that her Human

is kicking the ball around the field so she can chase after it.

Horses, as well. 

So sweet.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I had a horse that used to love to play with a ball that was like a punching bag and with cones. He would swing the ball around and you had to dodge it sometimes. He would throw the cones in the air .  If I was riding him and he saw a cone he was likely to grab it and throw it. It was interesting trying to explain it to the police.

They are fun to watch play.

doxie

Honored Contributor

They are beyond cute and delightful, as they cavort around with their toys, @Annabellethecat66!  Brings a smile.

Honored Contributor

I used to work with thoroughbreds and we gave some of them balls to play with.

Toys for horses have been around a long time.  

We also had toys that we hung from the stall walls that they loved to knock around.

Honored Contributor

My dog has a couple of large horse balls that she loves to chase and shake.

I have to remember not to leave them out too far in the yard at night because the coyotes come in and steal them!  I guess they like to play, too!😄

Honored Contributor

I don't think toys for horses is a new thing at all.  My older daughter took riding lessons when she was a tween and I do remember that there were big plastic balls that the horses played with.  I think the balls had hay in them.