Regular Contributor

Would you consider it disrespectful if a family member was disagreeing with you on private FB and at end of conversation they  posted a huge yellow face with green vomit spewing out ?  I just laughed and signed off. It did upset me.  Felinemom

Esteemed Contributor

@felinemom wrote:

Would you consider it disrespectful if a family member was disagreeing with you on private FB and at end of conversation they  posted a huge yellow face with green vomit spewing out ?  I just laughed and signed off. It did upset me.  Felinemom

I try to stay out of those type of conversations, but yes that is offensive, probably their way of "winning" the argument.

XO

Honored Contributor

I guess if it was private for family only and not public then I would not be too bothered by it.There are always family disagreements but we love each other so we let it go.The vomit emoticon does seem to be an immature way of expressing  feelings though...maybe the person meant it in a joking way.You didn't say what was said so it is hard to make a judgement.

Respected Contributor

It would gross me out.  I would just move along and watch out about engaging in the future.

Super Contributor

I agree, immature and gross, and I'd avoid the person if possible. Life's too short for that kind of kwap.

Honored Contributor

I guess the person wanted to have the last word and it seems he/she was successful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I haven't had that exact FB post/pic, but my son and daughter disrespect me 100% by avoiding any personal mention about them--to me--and never in more than 7 years have never mentioned that I am a FB Friend, my birthday, Mother's day, any holiday. ALL their post leave me OUT. Yet, it is the only place I can see them, know how they are, where they work, where they live, who they love. And, I ask for more--just enough to keep a sense of family connection--so I keep my post 'personally open' when I message on their FB page/email. I must keep the door open to them, but my heart is breaking.......

Honored Contributor

I' haven't been on FB very long at all, but our family are all funny and like to joke, and it wouldn't be taken the same way it might be in other families.

Super Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:

I haven't had that exact FB post/pic, but my son and daughter disrespect me 100% by avoiding any personal mention about them--to me--and never in more than 7 years have never mentioned that I am a FB Friend, my birthday, Mother's day, any holiday. ALL their post leave me OUT. Yet, it is the only place I can see them, know how they are, where they work, where they live, who they love. And, I ask for more--just enough to keep a sense of family connection--so I keep my post 'personally open' when I message on their FB page/email. I must keep the door open to them, but my heart is breaking.......

That's terrible @QVCalm. So sorry your family's like that to you.

Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

It would depend upon how you think it's meant, and whether that's the type of communication that wouldn't be unusual in your family group.

I might be tempted to reply with the dood** emoticon.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all