Esteemed Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus check!

[ Edited ]

I read earlier today that SS is to be blamed for the delay. IRS asked for information a few weeks ago for those who get benefits from the Federal Gov, and only this morning (Thursday) SS sent them to the IRS.  

Those who file taxes and receive any form of SSI were able to get their deposits because IRS had their information.  Those who didn't file and didn't have to, IRS asked for the info and SSI took it's time getting the info  to the IRS.

Honored Contributor

My friend got direct deposit last time and this time they sent her a debit card.
Valued Contributor

I have gotten all three of mine by direct deposit; now my brother got his first two by DD and this week on the IRS site it said he would be getting a check this time, so nothing IRS does makes sense.

Honored Contributor

We sent our 2020 taxes by certified mail they received Tues. Cashed our check we sent them for taxes owed, but, no stimulus checks in return.

sigh...............

Esteemed Contributor

My status went from direct deposit to mailing a check. I got the first two as checks but this time is very confusing. If you had my account number, why did they change the method. I just don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

I have gotten all three of mine by direct deposit; now my brother got his first two by DD and this week on the IRS site it said he would be getting a check this time, so nothing IRS does makes sense.

BEST ANSWER!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Valued Contributor

sadly after all this rigamorole, the getmypayment tool says for me

Not enough information yet(we're working on this) so obviously the IRS doesn't even update that site as they say they do.

The SSA apparently provided the information on Thursday yet it makes no sense. The Treasury Dept has all the info it needs to direct deposit our SS checks monthly and the first 2 stimulus checks so nothing has changed. Just stall tactics because they don't care about seniors. As if we don't pay the same thing for gas, utilities, food, insurance and everything else. I'm barely surviving these days just paying for those basics.

Esteemed Contributor

I read that Direct Deposits have stopped so checks and debit cards will be sent instead. Don't know how true this is.

Respected Contributor

I just received letter from IRS that I will be getting payment in a debit card in the coming days. First stimulus pmt was in a check.  Anyone else get this letter? And how long till you got it from when you received the letter?   Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

Interesting information