Respected Contributor

Re: Dinnerware at Dollar Tree?

Bought six (6) "holly leaf" Christmas plates last year which were perfect.  If someone dropped one on the floor, no worries.   I washed by hand, to keep decorative painting long lasting.  If used everyday, I wouldn't put in dishwasher.

Bought large ceramic soup bowls (plain ivory) for my two dogs' bowls from DollarTree, heavy and durable ...  I might as well bring a 'little luxury' home for them too.

Respected Contributor

I would hope if Dollar Tree's and other prices go up 

enough, more items will be made in the USA.   I try to purchase items made here, it's almost impossible. 

My good dinnerware is Noritake which I purchased back in the 1980's at an upscale dept. store.  It was a bit expensive, so when my husband would take one of his many business trips to Japan, I'd ask him to buy a few items.  He came home without any even though he was in the city where Noritake is made.  I asked him why and his answer shocked me;  it's more expensive there than here.  

I bet those Dollar Tree dishes are more expensive in China! 

Honored Contributor

A number of years ago, I wanted handpainted wine glasses.  My sister scoured every store she could think of to buy them for me for x-mas.  I had no idea they'd be that hard to find.  She bought me gorgeous wine glasses but they were't hand painted because she was never able to find them. 

About a month or so later I walked into Dollar Tree and there were hand painted wine glasses.  LOL 

As an aside, the beginning to mid-August I went in our Dollar Tree for a card and gift bag. They had just put fall items out.  I got the cutest fall decor.  I bought a bunch of small pumpinks to set out here and there around the house, a wooden sign I stuck in the ground in front of my large mum plant and a couple of metal owls I stuck in some other mum plants I have.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm only guessing:

Years and years ago lead was probably very common in many items: interior paint, lead crystal water goblets and wine glasses, crystal glasswear in general, crystal bowls, etc., etc.  (OK for floral vases).

'Genuine lead crystal' always bothered me, even in those days; although most people didn't give it a thought.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Isn't the whole Temptations line made in China? Should we worry about the lead content?

Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I went to DT this morning. I didn't buy any dinnerware, but bought some cute fall and Halloween decor. Bought four Hallmark cards for $2. Works for me.

I love that I can stock up on cards for all occasions at the DT at such wonderful low prices.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam