Frequent Contributor

Re: Did You Have Any Collections As A Child?

@Bri369
I collected Madame Alexander dolls too! I had several of the international dolls starting with Spain and then Russia (the 1976 Olympics made me want that one) and both the Dutch dolls. I had probably ten but had to sell them when I was first married to help pay for car repairs. I ended up replacing some through eBay, antique shops and gifts. They’re very sweet and precious.
Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Have Any Collections As A Chil

Skinned knees, scratches, scars, dirt, and horse hair. My mother was not supportive of these hobbies.

Respected Contributor

Pictures of the movie stars both domestic and international.

Respected Contributor

I love reading all these collections.  

Growing up during WW11 no toys, very few books were available for us to collect but my pals and I used to play in the gardens of the bombed out houses and collect broken pieces of china which we found in the gardens - some were very beautiful blue and white, some roses, some plain  white, etc., but we used to wash them and make kind of mosaics with them.  They were our prized collections.  Very sought after!

Being kids we had no thought of what these broken pieces must have represented to the original owners but we lived the patterns.  I can see them in my mind now.