mobile or full.  I click on full and everything is fine...for a brief time,
then it falls back to a mobile format.

*Timeline*
At least a week for me.
Anyone else?

0FF2FD83-E4C6-4313-BC5D-03E1F14A515D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Website Issues: Mobile/Full

When on my cell phone - this has happened as far back as I can recall.  I have to keep on clicking (and clicking again) Full at the bottom right.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

When on my cell phone - this has happened as far back as I can recall.  I have to keep on clicking (and clicking again) Full at the bottom right.

Nerts!

Well hopefully the Powers of Be will see this & address.

🤞(fingers crossed)

Esteemed Contributor

I click Full once and I'm good for the session.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

This happens to me whenever I install the latest Safari update.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

This happens to me whenever I install the latest Safari update.

@tansy 

Good point.

I DID just update the recent iOS upgrade....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven’t seen this on my iPad 6 (iOS 12.4), the one I use most of the time, yet but I’ll watch for it.    I seldom use my iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.4) online other than for troubleshooting, but I just now tried it navigating all around the forums and also used my old iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.6) and I can't duplicate the problem.

It's a good idea to regularly close the Safari app in background and also to remove all old cookies/cache/website data for Safari, in settings.   
               If we don't do this, there might be one or more older "user agent strings" hanging around instructing the display to revert to mobile device view.
               (Go to Settings, then Safari, then choose "Clear History and Website Data" and tap "Clear" when you see the pop-up.    Next, be sure to  also choose "Advanced," "Website Data," and at the bottom of the list of tracking data tap "Remove All Website Data" and on the pop-up tap "Remove.")

Also, if using an old bookmark/favorite try, instead, going directly to the site, choosing desktop view (either with the "Mobile/Full" option on the screen, or using the "Share" icon and choosing"Request Desktop Site,"  or -- my preference -- holding down the URL reload/refresh icon and tapping "Request Desktop Site."   
               If this works, create a new bookmark/favorite and see if that "holds" the preferred view.   Old bookmarks can cause problems on any device, with any website, so it's a good idea to create new fresh ones occasionally.
               (Here's the bookmark I just tried on my iPhone:  https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/bd-p/35?device-view=desktop)

Another outside possibility, sometimes causing odd glitches, is the old analytic or diagnostic data saved on the device, and the only way to delete that is to perform a backup/sync.  (This data is stored in newer iOS versions under Settings, Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data and in older iOS versions it was stored in Settings, Privacy, Diagnostics & Usage.)

If none of this helps, just post back again with as many clues as possible, and maybe one of us can figure out other solutions.    Thanks for the heads up, @sidsmom.    There's always the possibility it's a new glitch with the site, but if so I would think that more of us would be experiencing it (or maybe...  we will...  yikes, I hope not since we already have too many site-software-related problems here).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

THANK YOU so much!

So far so good...

I did all you suggested to clean up...

everything up to throwing my iPad in the dishwasher (har). 

Thanks for spelling it out step by step.

💛🌼

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  Thanks,

I am having the same problem using Chrome on an Samsung tablet. This site is not stable and jumps around a lot. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been complaining about this thing constantly changing it's settings by itself since when...last year November? 

There's the desktop site vs mobile site choice.

And the mobile version vs full version choice.

This is an Amazon tablet and I hold it in portrait position 98% of the time.

I want it to display the desktop choice and the full version while in portrait.

It changes itself most often when I'm in the middle of trying to compose and post. Very frustrating.