Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Have Any Collections As A Child?

Breyer horses and Nancy Drew books.

As an adult I completed my set of Nancy Drew books, and my DD shares my love of horses, so she got my few Breyers.  The coolest thing was being able to get an actual horse in my forties.  Loved that ornery ole' mare, and now my DD is a veterinarian.  You never know where a childhood hobby or collection might end up.

Respected Contributor

Barbie

Swarovski figurines (when I got older)

other things that escape my mind at the moment🤣

Honored Contributor

Stamps, like all my other friends were doing.  It was "the thing to do" when I was a kid.

Respected Contributor

Books - the Nancy Drew series was my favorite. Also Trixie Beldon. I became a mystery fan at an early age, and it's continued!

Regular Contributor

Nothing better than curling up on the porch with Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler on a lazy summer day. Thanks for bringing me back to those memories...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@shoekitty   I know you are aware that designer handbags do retain a lot of their value. When you are ready, I'm sure you will find a venue for your precious bags.

@phoenixbrd 

Some values raise to even more!  I know a few moschinos, still in box from NM have.  The ballet shoe handbag and the la scala opera bag have gone from 299 to close to 1200.  The very quirky older kate spade, like chinese take out, the beehive, and many I have have more than tripled.  But the handbag market is like the stock market. Up, down, up down.  I have a kate spade that looks like a bird cage.  I love that one it even has leather newspaper print on bottom of cage with a parrot swinging.  Lol. I love them. Makes me laugh.  

I wish I knew how to post photos I could post a photo a day of my handbags for a smile a day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I collected postcards...from all over the world

I collected "signed" photos of movie stars...had hundreds

PS - I was also an avid reader...read all the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew and Honey Bunch books!!

Honored Contributor

I wish I knew how to post photos

Instructions HERE.

@shoekitty 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I did not have any collections of any kind

my mom cleaned daily and all she did was yell if she had to much to clean so it was a useless thought to even collect anything.

when dh and i got married we collected salt and pepper shakers we collected quite a few sets, but with all the moves we made (military) we lost a majority of the sets or they were broken when unpacking as we moved.

I don't have any collections now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not a big collector as a child but I did collect Harmony Kingdom boxes for about ten years as an adult (but 9/11 and the market problems of 2008 effectively "ended" that collection).