Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

91243e179085c99c219dfd21c898a57b.jpg

@cactusgal ,

Lol! I love your post so much!

Also I know not funny but the ones that just say "no" make me laugh.

I don't know why but I have a built in alarm. Like a cat or dog. It doesn't matter when I go to sleep I always wake up at pretty much the same time.

I've read when we get older we only can sleep for like 4-5 hrs less or more hours at a time.

that is the wonderful reason for naps (if we have that luxury).

It is only when I am at my mother's watching out for her and I get so tired that I can sleep for 10 or so hours straight!

But at home, also, I wish we never had to go to the bathrooom!

Then I could sleep a lot longer.

I'm really sorry though that so many of us have problems with a good sleep. As far as snoring husbands, there is no shame in sleeping in separate rooms!!

And not everyone can wear those c-pap contractions!

Oh well, I guess it is part of the facts of life. At least we're all up together!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Best remedy I've found:

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 08.33.00.png

I do dream now, that I'm actually sleeping.  I've tried other products and none compare.  I can find coupons for this brand in the Sunday paper, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

No I don't sleep well at all.  I can fall asleep easily but will wake up after 4 hours or so and find it hard to fall back to sleep. 

One probelm is I find myself worrying about so much that I just can't go back to sleep so I'll often go online which is a bad thing to do I know when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Trusted Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

I hope no one thinks less of me but...I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble sleeping through the night!!  

The only thing that works for me is Nyquil and I know I shouldn't rely on that too much so I wind up sacrificing some nights to the Very Little Sleep category.

Ugh. 

Yes,  I also don't sleep well.  I will use Nyquil some nights which does really help,  I have tried the Sleep ease which is similar to Nyquil but doesn't work as well.  Be careful about the Nyquil if you take it every night,  it has tylenol in it and it can damage the liver if taken every night. 

A few other things that help me,  I have tried the weighted blanket and that helps to get me asleep.  I also realized I was a mouth breather and the older I get the more I snore.  I tried these strange things from Amazon that looks like a bandaid that you put over your mouth.  It is strange at first,  but I am definitely sleeping better and my husband says my snoring is much better.

Respected Contributor

I have a weighted blanket too. Just 7lbs. Heavier ones are too heavy.

If you go by weight I would not be able to turn over...tried and way too heavy.

Valued Contributor

@AuntG I researched mattresses for years and finally bought one online from a company called Winkbeds. It is the most incredible mattress we have ever had. It is soft but extremely supportive. You might want to go to their website and read about them.

Valued Contributor

@on the bay: I got such a kick out of it. Because it describes me to a T. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

On days that I am very active, lots of walking or working in the yard, physical stuff, I sleep like a baby.   But unfortunately with my health issues it's hard to do on a regular basis. If you do something that makes you tired, you will sleep

Melatonin didn't help.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@BExplorer 

Are you taking it straight?  I mix 1/2 teaspoon mixed with about 3 - 4oz. of water.  Drink it down & chase it with a few extra sips of water.  I drink it down fast before I have a chance to taste it.

Thanks @SurferWife.  I have tried mixing it with a little water, but I try not to drink very much close to bed.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: DO YOU SLEEP WELL?

[ Edited ]

YES, I sleep very well at night in my cool, dark bedroom, with the ceiling fan on reverse mode, circulating the air in the room.   I do not need any type of pill to help me sleep.  

My issue with sleep is that my husband does not sleep well in the bed, and is up and down ALL night.   Since he is a fall risk, and prone for drops in blood sugar in the 3-5 a.m. time frame, my mind is trained to listen out for his movements and the smell of sweat.   My husband also wears a c-pap mask at night, and cannot hear anything; phone, doorbell, alarm system, cries for help, etc., so I am often in a very light stage of sleep.   Once he gets up in the morning, I get 3-4 hours of deep sleep, which helps get me thru the day.