Valued Contributor

We are having major technical issues with Direct TV.  Recorded programs are showing up briefly on Playlist.  When we go to watch a pre-recorded show, it's not there.  We have to go to Manage Recordings and then to Recording History.  They are listed there but are listed individually per recording date instead of all grouped together like previously.  This has been going on for a couple weeks and is so aggravating and time consuming to find the oldest show of a series to watch.  Not to mention using up a lot of battery power in the remote.  We called Direct and they said they are well aware of the problems and have received so many complaints they are no longer reporting the complaints.  Apparently, they are trying out new software and are having major problems.  No date given as to when the problem will be corrected.  Anyone else having issues? We are in So. California.

Honored Contributor

Same problems here. 

Trusted Contributor

DirectTv is the worst company I've ever dealt with. Just my experience......Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

I know they've had at least one update lately but mine is working ok. I really don't care for this format but am sure I'll get used to it. Directv is much better than the cable options we have in my area.

Honored Contributor

I unplugged them last November and have lived happily ever after.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

We had an issue with a recorded show disappearing, then reappearing the next day. Other than that, all other recordings are there.  I thought that I had accidentally deleted it, until it reappeared . We've had cable and DirecTV.  We much prefer DirecTV to the $$$$ cable in our area.

Respected Contributor

Just switched to Direct TV because of the cost of our cable.  Sure hope we didn't make a mistake  - so far everything has been good.  Especially when the monthly bill comes.

Honored Contributor

I'm in New England and ever since this latest upgrade to the system, I've had programs in my "record" list that didn't get recorded at all.  A couple of them I caught in time, but no idea why they didn't record.  They were still shown in my list.

I've had a couple that showed in the playlist, but as the OP said, when I tried to watch them - nothing.

I'm glad it's not just me who's been having trouble.  I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with our Genie system.

I am not a fan of the new layout either.  The font is too small, too much crowded into too small a space and the reaction time (from when you press a button) is so slow, I think it hasn't "taken" and hit it again, only to have it jump to somewhere else.

Another "upgrade" disaster, IMO.  And the cost just keeps going up!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I unplugged them last November and have lived happily ever after.

I did in February!!

Honored Contributor

Re: DIRECT TV ISSUES

[ Edited ]

I've had DirecTV for 5 years now and never had a problem with it or customer service.  I spray a very light coating of Pam on the satellite early in the winter and ice/snow doesn't stick.  

I thought about going to DISH once but didn't.  I'm glad I didn't because I know too many people who have issues with it.

Cable options here are crazy expensive.  I never had and still don't) extra movie channels.  All I have is a second box in my bedroom.   At the time I left cable, it cost me nearly 75% more than the same thing from DirecTV.   It's still like that in this area.

I don't like the new format - the font is too small - and it takes extra clicks to get where you want to go for some things.  DirecTV is taking feedback so call if you don't like it.