Honored Contributor

I have been with Comcast for over 30 years.  One year many years ago we switched to Direct TV.  I hated it. I could not watch different channels on different TV's at the same time. And the channel lineup was not as good a selection as Comcast. 

After a year, I went back to Comcast and never regretted it.  For me it is not about savings $$ as much as it is about my viewing experience. I will pay more for a better choice and experience. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: DIRECT TV ISSUES

[ Edited ]

@hckynut - I think you are exactly right.  I told my husband last night that when Direct resolves these issues (hopefully soon) we are going to ask for a discount for the terrible inconvenience and battery replacements for the remotes because of how much more battery power we are using to try and find a recorded show.  I wish the Recording History only showed what has been recorded and not watched yet.  As it is now, it also shows everything deleted and cancelled which makes the list extremely lengthy to go through.  If they don't give us a discount, when our contract is over we will reconsider switching.  Thanks for your input.

Trusted Contributor

We have had DTV for over 10 yrs. and not had any trouble except for a box replacement every few years.

Past week or so started having issues with shows not being recorded that are programmed and a lot of hesitation when using remote so far.

This is upsetting and hope it is not going to be like this long...don't want cable again.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~