Trusted Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

We always ask for a booth, typically we go out on the early side so there’s no problem,  but if we have to wait-we will. Always across from each other. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

@Libbylady wrote:

If it is a casual restaurant, we go for a booth, and sit across.

If we are with other people, I aim for a table as I feel it includes everyone in conversation.

In a fancy restaurant, I want a table ( with a table cloth and a candle, thank you ) and I want to sit at 45 degrees for intimacy, but my back cannot be to the room.

My dad was an FBI agent, and never let his back face the room, so I come by this quirk honestly!

The one place I will NEVER sit is at a banquet facing a wall, or a mirror!  I'm so glad the mirrored diner cars have gone away.  I don't want to have to watch myself all night.

Oh, and one more thing.... I never let DH face the TV"s on the wall!!

DH puts up with all this, and if I'm happy, he's happy!

@Libbylady  I had to respond to your comment about having your back to the room.  My DH is the same way no matter where we go - even Bible study!  He likes to be able to see what is going on - who is entering, etc.  It isn't like it ruins the experience.  He is just wired that way and in light of all the horrific happenings in restaurants these days, I am glad he keeps an eye out. 

I agree about the 45 degree seating also.  We do that too when we can't get a booth.  We can still see each other's face and also hear each other better.  Alas, usually if you face out toward the room, you can see the TV's if there are any to be seen Smiley Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Tends, hubby and I are booth people all the way! It's cozier and feels more removed from others...we're antisocial. Ha! And we've never sat next to each other and never will. I don't even understand the concept. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I do. I'm having a flash back from last summer of this young couple sitting beside each other in a booth practically going all the way, if you get my drift. I almost lost my bread pudding having to witness it. Yuck!        

Maybe that's why some restaurants apparently charge more for a booth!  Woman Surprised

@Sooner @pupwhipped  Hey, it would be cheaper than getting a room!! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

we get seperate tables, I need elbow room 

Honored Contributor

We like a booth if it is just my husband and I and we sit across from each other. Easier to talk that way....We almost never sit a t a table, unless there are a lot of people.......

Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

didn't know about spitting  a meal my husband is a huge eater & to split it I would get 4 bites. I have seen many people split a meal I think they have money problems but DH needs to refrain with his stomach problems & eat less so rather take it home

LOL, what an odd thing for you to assume.  Average restaurant portions these days are easily 3+ servings for people with normal appetites.  Splitting meals is a good way not to waste food or overeat.  Many restaurants nowadays will split the entree for you and bring it out on separate plates, so your husband would not get to eat your portion too unless he's rude or you give it to him.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs

Either.  I like to eat alone.

Honored Contributor

We always will choose and wait for a booth.

And if just two of us, sit on opposite sides. I never understand having to sit next to my 'date'. I find it odd and exhibits insecure tendencies. 

The exception would be if someone needs for medical/physical/emotional reasons, to have that person next to them.

Esteemed Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

we get seperate tables, I need elbow room 

Now I've heard everything!!  Woman WinkWoman LOL