Honored Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

@pupwhipped wrote:

Tends, hubby and I are booth people all the way! It's cozier and feels more removed from others...we're antisocial. Ha! And we've never sat next to each other and never will. I don't even understand the concept. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I do. I'm having a flash back from last summer of this young couple sitting beside each other in a booth practically going all the way, if you get my drift. I almost lost my bread pudding having to witness it. Yuck!        

Maybe that's why some restaurants apparently charge more for a booth!  Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

@Sooner wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

We like both, my husband likes a table and I like a booth. Most places have these together which works well for us.

@VenturaHighway  I am SO glad you love these!  I always refuse to sit at them!  LOL!!!!  We could all go out together!  Woman LOL

@SoonerMy husband has a hard time getting in and out of a booth. I prefer the soft seat. When they don't have the ones together, I sit at a table for my husband.

Honored Contributor

If we are going out for a special dinner to an upscale restaurant, I'll usually prefer a table because it is easier for the waiters to get around to serve and pour wine and talk to us than in a booth.   It's always nice to talk with the staff!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We do both but mostly sit across from each other. There are special days when we want to sit closer and there are times the table at the booth is so wide that sitting across from each other is actually more uncomfortable. We don't always wait for a booth.

I'm not sure why anyone would be bothered about where and how other people sit. Maybe it's the New Yorker in me, but honestly I live my own life and mind my own business. That seems like a lot of unnecessary stress over something so trivial.

Notice the emergency exits or suspicious behavior in case of emergency instead of how couples sit together is my advice.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Always a booth unless its not padded because of my back, I cannot sit on hard surfaces.. (We go to 2 places that are rustic, and don't have padded booth seats then we get a table with padded chairs).

DH and I sit across from each other, except if there is a bit too much noise, then we sit aside of each other.

This reminds me, I often see older couples just sitting there not talking over dinner. DH and I always talk to each other when out to eat. I always find it sad when couples are sitting like 2 bumps on a log not speaking. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

thMy husband has a small irritation on his stomach,we are retired and eat out 3 days a week so dr said order 1 meal & spit it. well 

Respected Contributor

didn't know about spitting  a meal my husband is a huge eater & to split it I would get 4 bites. I have seen many people split a meal I think they have money problems but DH needs to refrain with his stomach problems & eat less so rather take it home

Honored Contributor

We love booths!  I don't see why places don't have more of them.  In places we have frequented around here, they have re-decorated and gotten rid of all or the majority of the booths.  I tink it's much nicer, quieter, more private and just an all-around better dining environment when you have a booth.  We will wait for a booth always if the wait is not too long.  As for where we sit --- always on opposite sides.  We want to face each other and converse easily.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

We like to sit in a booth across from each other.  I don't really like to sit at a table with my back to people.  It's awkward to me.  

Plus, I like to keep my purse next to me in a booth.  I feel it's safer.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Tends, hubby and I are booth people all the way! It's cozier and feels more removed from others...we're antisocial. Ha! And we've never sat next to each other and never will. I don't even understand the concept. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I do. I'm having a flash back from last summer of this young couple sitting beside each other in a booth practically going all the way, if you get my drift. I almost lost my bread pudding having to witness it. Yuck!        

Maybe that's why some restaurants apparently charge more for a booth!  Woman Surprised

@Sooner, ROTFL! Toooooo funny. Yes, there could be extra clean-up involved with those booths. Woman Surprised