Trusted Contributor

Re: DID YOU KNOW LACE UNDIES HAVE BEEN BANNED IN 3 COUNTRIES?

@Sage04 

@Sage04 wrote:

@GingerHead  I wonder if they are planning to go around and collect all the lace underwear?

Well let's hope so! Their/Our lives are at risk.....or at least their undercarriages are! haha

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Okay, I'm not posting the link, but the article is on huffpost dot com, if you'd like to read the whole thing.

"It’s common knowledge that cotton underwear is the best choice for the health of your nether regions. Many people, however, choose to ignore this advice for the sake of fashion and opt for knickers that are made out of lace or satin.

Yet three countries, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, effectively banned lace panties starting back in 2014. The bans aren’t about modesty or concerns about what people might be doing in the privacy of their bedrooms. Instead, these governments think that lace underwear without a cotton lining is unhygienic and poses a threat to one’s health. In the wake of these bans, protests broke out as women demanded the right to choose their underwear.

The biggest danger in wearing underwear without a cotton crotch is that moisture can build up, which allows yeast and bacteria to thrive, the expert explained."

This interesting article went on to describe body parts that would not be considered G-rated.

Can you believe that some countries BANNED a certain type of underwear?  Can you believe this was discussed and debated by government officials before a "ban" was voted and decided upon? 

@Tinkrbl44 You can't believe some countries banned this?  If you can't believe that, you need to do a lot more reading about human rights issues elsewhere.  It's no joke. 

@Sooner 

I am sure these countries all have government agencies that have to do with health, and they also have plenty of guidelines on every relevant subject ... and then some.

The fact that people (men, I'm assuming) had to have meetings to discuss this and decided it was urgent enough to actually ban a type of clothing ... c'mon!   

That's not a violation of human rights .... it's bureaucratic stupidity.   

Respected Contributor

Never crossed my mind that they sold lace panties in those countries! Guess the powers that be have no greater issues to address.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Okay, I'm not posting the link, but the article is on huffpost dot com, if you'd like to read the whole thing.

"It’s common knowledge that cotton underwear is the best choice for the health of your nether regions. Many people, however, choose to ignore this advice for the sake of fashion and opt for knickers that are made out of lace or satin.

Yet three countries, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, effectively banned lace panties starting back in 2014. The bans aren’t about modesty or concerns about what people might be doing in the privacy of their bedrooms. Instead, these governments think that lace underwear without a cotton lining is unhygienic and poses a threat to one’s health. In the wake of these bans, protests broke out as women demanded the right to choose their underwear.

The biggest danger in wearing underwear without a cotton crotch is that moisture can build up, which allows yeast and bacteria to thrive, the expert explained."

This interesting article went on to describe body parts that would not be considered G-rated.

Can you believe that some countries BANNED a certain type of underwear?  Can you believe this was discussed and debated by government officials before a "ban" was voted and decided upon? 

@Tinkrbl44 You can't believe some countries banned this?  If you can't believe that, you need to do a lot more reading about human rights issues elsewhere.  It's no joke. 

@Sooner 

I am sure these countries all have government agencies that have to do with health, and they also have plenty of guidelines on every relevant subject ... and then some.

The fact that people (men, I'm assuming) had to have meetings to discuss this and decided it was urgent enough to actually ban a type of clothing ... c'mon!   

That's not a violation of human rights .... it's bureaucratic stupidity.   

@Tinkrbl44 I must have been reading about different foreign countries.  No, they do not have to meet and discuss.  Somebody just does it.  It works that way.  What people want isn't in the mix. 

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness we do not live in those countries and we can choose our own undergarments.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   I'm waiting for the day that women rule the world.

Maybe then we will have world peace.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99    And Vodka!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 @yes,  look at the countries who banned them and why!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   Al, you need to know are the countries banning them. They could t care less about health

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@SilleeMee   I'm waiting for the day that women rule the world.

Maybe then we will have world peace.   Smiley Happy

happy0032.gif