Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
People need to STAY HOME. Good grief.
Maybe if people would do what they’re supposed to do we will be out of quarantine and isolation before 2025. 😡🙄

@bikerbabe 

The ignorance and stupidity is mind numbing.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Drythe I am just letting it lie for now.  And you are so right.  Sophia Petrillo will not be denied and my sisters so far are supporting her so I'm not going to pretend my opinion matters at all.  

@Laura14 

Believe me, I recognize an exercise in futility when it smacks me on the nose!  

Hope you are feeling better.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

If you think grocery stores are a mess now, try stopping interstate truck traffic.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

People where I live have to cross state lines every day to conduct business.  Some business is going on even now.

Even if this were a remedy it would be far far too little, too late anyway.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

The experts in this arena are practically SCREAMING for people to stay home.

Not ONE is saying, "Hey, too late now to do anything"

Honored Contributor

@Drythe Thanks. Heart   I did tell her I am not worth the risk and to wait until it blows over.  We'll see.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

I've decided for myself only to go out when I absolutely need essentials, and then to go only to the two closest stores to me.  My reasoning is that at this time I don't want to spend any unnecessary time/distance on the the roads because I wouldn't want to use up any precious resources if I got into an accident and had to go to the hospital.  

I consider it my duty to stay safe and healthy in every way, not just in preventing the virus spread.

@Caligurll 

By staying safe and healthy you ARE helping to prevent the virus spread.

Esteemed Contributor

All I mean, really, is that state lines are not impermeable borders and the response in my opinion has been scattershot.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

@Laura14 it would be better if your mom just stays put- birthdays and such can be celebrated later,not important now- maybe she could join in with an online connection- the least amount of travel people do the faster this thing will go away and we will all live to see birthdays and such

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

All I mean, really, is that state lines are not impermeable borders and the response in my opinion has been scattershot.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

You did say that "it's far too little too late, anyway"

That's quite a different statement than state lines are not impermeable.

I'm going with the experts and not people shrugging their shoulders.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crossing state lines

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 

I won't "chatise" your mom for wanting to go for this special occassion BUT I MUST warn her -- per our local FL news tonight- they have State Police at the border of FL/GA including all routes out/in and on 95.  Not sure what roads she takes but there are LONG BACKUPS and DELAYS while they check your credentials.

So hard on the truckers for those who "refuse" to not listen to the directives -- these truckers are on the roads for a reason ...to bring necessary supplies to those in need.

Therefore, to save her embarrassment ... perhaps she should reconsider!  Many of us want to be with our families and its just not possible ... there will be other better times!

Skype is a wonderful tool!