Honored Contributor

Re: Corona... overkill... does anyone

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Corona isn't nearly as contagious as other diseases, and it has a high survival rate.  I'm washing my hands as usual and living my life.

The panic from the media and stock market is ridiculous.

What is the reason for the panic in the stock market, and how can it be stopped?

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone here has their own families, health concerns, monetary losses, schedule disruptions, and fears. 
   Our world is being disrupted and we look here for help with our feelings. 
    May God bless us  all with relief from such constant stress!🙏🏼

Respected Contributor

NY has declared a state of emergency and I feel the President needs to decalre one before more people die.  Very scary times we live in, please head advice from the CDC everyone and if necessary quarrantine yourselves in your homes.  Check with employers if you can work from home for those over the age of 65 who are still employed.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed little attention is given to babies and other small children; I know they are usually at high risk for having the flu be very serious for the, along with older people. Does the corona virus pose a big risk to the very young age group or is it only the elderly who need to be so careful?
Esteemed Contributor

Heck yes I am paying attention. This disease has already severely affected our business. We literally could go bankrupt. I am very concerned and likely won’t sleep much tonight.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I have noticed little attention is given to babies and other small children; I know they are usually at high risk for having the flu be very serious for the, along with older people. Does the corona virus pose a big risk to the very young age group or is it only the elderly who need to be so careful?

For ages 18 and under, the rate for symptoms is very low, they've found, so no it's not a big risk for the very young. The elderly and those w/health complications are the ones who should be most careful.

I feel we each have the personal responsibility for keeping not only ourselves but our neighbors and relatives safe from it. This may mean staying away from crowds w/o having to be told.

Esteemed Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

For ages 18 and under, the rate for symptoms is very low, they've found, so no it's not a big risk for the very young. The elderly and those w/health complications are the ones who should be most careful.

I feel we each have the personal responsibility for keeping not only ourselves but our neighbors and relatives safe from it. This may mean staying away from crowds w/o having to be told.

However, even though symptoms are generally mild to moderate in the very young, if they are healthy, they can still infect others.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Corona isn't nearly as contagious as other diseases, and it has a high survival rate.  I'm washing my hands as usual and living my life.

The panic from the media and stock market is ridiculous.

What is the reason for the panic in the stock market, and how can it be stopped?

I would imagine it's because commodities will be in short quantities with little or no trade going on globally. Corporate entities fear their big time losses and are selling off stock to save themselves. Everything in the world today is relative due to trade. The biggest losers are the consumers. And now the Saudis have started a price war on oil.

I don't know that the fears are ridiculous. We have over three thousand deaths worldwide and they are still counting. The ones who have died so far aren't all elderly. Ask Italy, China, Iran, and South Korea.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's wrong to blame everything on the media.  They are doing their job.  They are also assuming people aren't watching 24/7,  So every hour things are updated. If you watch news a lot, you are going to get a blitz of everything, every hour on the hour.  Same clips,  same news, just a different anchor, lol!   Any keen minded, , well read person researches what is reported.  The virus is news, they Make their money reporting the news.  It is my job to watch the news in limited amounts, research copiously, visit CDC, WHO, also read in addition to listening.  Read pros and cons, not just be spoon fed from points of views you agree with. 

If the news didn't report on the coronavirus, we wouldn't know much of anything about it.    Lives that could be saved b information might be lost.  A possible epidemic, and stock market crash are not fodder politicians want to deal with at all.  So we need to fend for ourselves.  The news is provided for information. Use it wisely and make decisions for yourself considering the lives of others as well.  

Valued Contributor

Of course I’m paying attention and you should be too!!! It’s the only way this thing will die down!!! If you don’t care about yourself getting it, then at least have consideration for others!!!