Honored Contributor

Re: Corona... overkill... does anyone

I'm less concerned about dying from the virus or even getting permanent damage from it. My worry is that I would unknowingly pass it on to someone I love (or anyone, but especially those I love) who then had a severe reaction and distress and I would have a very very hard time forgiving myself for something like that. It's not just about me. It's about the people I could affect with my actions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A NEW DISEASE OR VIRUS.  I know now there are drugs that really help AIDS patients and you don't hear about people dying from it.  Or I have not heard of any recently.

I do not keep up with the current rush to the store for Lysol wipes, etc. but if you did buy some, you need to carry them with you when you go out.  Because you touch so many things, doorknobs, pens in the dr.'s office or hosptial.  And, the list goes on.  The surgical masks will do nothing against this virus and I heard that on the news.

There is no need for panic just be careful.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Yes, I pay attention to the stats. The latest stat I saw said that 14 percent of people who were 80 and older and contracted it died.

A friend says that only 4 percent of those who get it here die.

Great unless you are in the 4 percent.

I have a whole bunch of elderly people who I love dearly, and I am concerned.

So how many of those 80+ years of age died of other complications? Of flu? Or pneumonia? 

I'm one who is immuno-compromised and, while concerned, do NOT have an abnormal fear of coronavirus. And, by the way, I'm only 63.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain -

That is how I feel too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.

@Junebug54 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

This is probably the most important news story in the world.

I had a trip booked to China this year and started following the virus updates months ago.

I am booked on a cruise next month and now that may be up in the air. Just today, U.S. State Dept. told Americans NOT to cruise.

Many employers are asking staff NOT to travel anywhere.

A major conference I attend with over 25000 attendees has just announced the conference will be completely online, NOT in person.

Yes, for those of us in the work world and with travel plans the stats are critical and we are paying constant attention.

Many economies have been put into an uproar.

I am so sad for all those who are ill and suffering around the world.

Respected Contributor

I am deeply worried we may have a pandemic on our hands ... My personal advice is to avoid shopping malls and grocery stores where others congregate.  I am ordering my groceries through a delivery service.  Thankfully I can remain at home but people who work should consider contacting their employer and asking if they can work from home, particularly those workers still in the work force past the age of 65.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Yes, I pay attention to the stats. The latest stat I saw said that 14 percent of people who were 80 and older and contracted it died.

A friend says that only 4 percent of those who get it here die.

Great unless you are in the 4 percent.

I have a whole bunch of elderly people who I love dearly, and I am concerned.

So how many of those 80+ years of age died of other complications? Of flu? Or pneumonia? 

I'm one who is immuno-compromised and, while concerned, do NOT have an abnormal fear of coronavirus. And, by the way, I'm only 63.

Many people who are 80+ yo usually have something wrong with their health already and that is mainly why the virus is so deadly in that age group.

Honored Contributor

Oh...I thought you were talking about beer.  I prefer Stella Artois.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well the vendors and hosts do not seem to follow the rules for keeping their hands to themselves during this time. Either they are just arrogant or stupid.