Honored Contributor

Re: Corona... overkill... does anyone

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh...I thought you were talking about beer.  I prefer Stella Artois.

@SurferWife 

Really??

I'm surprised to see you being so flippant about this subject..

Just because you live in Hawaii doesn't mean you and yours are safe from it.....just wait.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

To me overkill is saying other shoppers are panicking and hysterical but when they go to walmart twice a day they are just being prepared.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh...I thought you were talking about beer.  I prefer Stella Artois.

@SurferWife 

Really??

I'm surprised to see you being so flippant about this subject..

Just because you live in Hawaii doesn't mean you and yours are safe from it.....just wait.

Yes, that is a scary reply, my son replied to a text I sent him with,I will take my corona with lime. My son knows how much I worry about him, I was surprised by that response.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yes. What is your point?

You obviously think that those who are worried or are taking precautions are just being silly, so where do you expect this thread to go? More criticism, more mockery?

Shoekitty said, I agree.  The virus has come to our small town. I care, and it is real.  I'm not scared out of my wits.  But I am 72 and have RA and have a few other small issues.  But RA is an auto immune disease.  So my eyes are wide open

Trusted Contributor

Most of us do pay attention to what's going on. We want to know, we need to know to keep ourselves informed. Then there are the others, who a couple of days ago said they weren't changing their cruises, etc. and who we all have to look out for.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

actually pay attention to the stats...  

yes, some of us are concerned......some of us not only have family and friends HERE that they love, some of us also have family and friends ABROAD where this is a significant threat as of right now......and it is greatly affecting their lives.

so YES, i am paying attention to the stats, to medical professionals, and to trusted news sources.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Washington (CNN)Sen. Ted Cruz announced Sunday he will self-quarantine in Texas after interacting with an individual who tested positive for the novel coronavirus at last week's Conservative Political Action Conference.

Trusted Contributor

Corona isn't nearly as contagious as other diseases, and it has a high survival rate.  I'm washing my hands as usual and living my life.

The panic from the media and stock market is ridiculous.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Corona isn't nearly as contagious as other diseases, and it has a high survival rate.  I'm washing my hands as usual and living my life.

The panic from the media and stock market is ridiculous.

Shoekitty said:  panic from stock market may be ridiculous, but it is real.  I have lost money, not a lot because I am invested so conservative .but it is real money.  The stock market will fall again because jobs are going to be lost, and industries effected.  People are loosing jobs, think of all those people who work on cruise ships, travel agencies, the whole travel industry. The virus is real.  Normal, young healthy people should not be afraid, wash, wash wash, clean your phones, steering wheels, wear gloves at supermarket or shopping and dispose of them and you should be fine.  But the older or compromised individuals should take care.  Especially those taking radiation, chemo, drug therapy..    you may not get it, or it may not effect you greatly, but how would you feel if someone you loved became gravely I'll with it due to your negligence.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just dont trust the media or even the CDC.....  I listen to informed unbiased, non-political medical professionals and their common sense approach to the Coronavirus.....washing hands and staying away from large crowds...and building up my immune system...

Healthy ways to strengthen your immune system
  1. Thankfully I don't smoke.
  2. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
  3. Exercise regularly.
  4. Maintain a healthy weight.
  5. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
  6. Get adequate sleep.
  7. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.

Look what the media did with Y2K.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”