Trusted Contributor

Corona... overkill... does anyone

actually pay attention to the stats...  

Honored Contributor

Re: Corona... overkill... does anyone

Yes. What is your point?

You obviously think that those who are worried or are taking precautions are just being silly, so where do you expect this thread to go? More criticism, more mockery?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I see the numbers if I happen to come by them but I don't fit seeking out stats. H1N1 was just ten years ago and no one even mentions that anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

actually pay attention to the stats...  

@Junebug54  ..... please explain .... your point is?????

Honored Contributor

I might find some time to in November.

Esteemed Contributor

I've paid more attention this weekend than in the past.  

I work in a public school, and last week we received an email from our school nurse who essentially told us we are not high risk and to just keep encouraging everyone to wash hands & not touch mouth, nose, and eyes.  I'm curious if she's going to issue an update this week.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I pay attention to the stats. The latest stat I saw said that 14 percent of people who were 80 and older and contracted it died.

A friend says that only 4 percent of those who get it here die.

Great unless you are in the 4 percent.

I have a whole bunch of elderly people who I love dearly, and I am concerned.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People, can we please all hope for the best concerning the virus ?  Can we join together in the hope that the the people most in danger are spared the worst outcome and stop snipping at each other. It solves nothing. The posters who are frightened will not become less so, because you mock them. I hope we all weather this storm, no matter whatrever our approach is. Just a thought. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

People, can we please all hope for the best concerning the virus ?  Can we join together in the hope that the the people most in danger are spared the worst outcome and stop snipping at each other. It solves nothing. The posters who are frightened will not become less so, because you mock them. I hope we all weather this storm, no matter what are approach is. Just a thought. 🌺

Heart

Honored Contributor

I listen to it all.  To be able to make an informed decision, I need to be informed.