Honored Contributor

Re: Cooking with Meredith

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

doodles, I wish they would change her to " In THe Kitchen With Meredith". He acts very board lately. He doesn't know what to do with himself when he isn't doing all the talking. And this constant interruption about how may sold in this show, and "Again We have so many in this color to go around" It get so boring!! Snore!! We just need newness of a different host.

I agree with you five hundred percent!  Meredith is a genuine teacher, who knows how to present food and cooking - both the process and the products.  I try (because I love cooking shows) but usually fail, to watch DV.  Too much hype, silliness and repetition of things that are of no interest, i.e. how many sold in this show. People are being sued today for s.h. over the same way he behaves with the vendors. Toally unnecessary, not "cute" in a middle aged man, and  definitely not "Southern". 

@Perkup, somehow you manage to turn a positive thread about Meredith's teaching skills into a rude rant against a host. It's too bad that you continually feel the need to grind this axe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

doodles, I wish they would change her to " In THe Kitchen With Meredith". He acts very board lately. He doesn't know what to do with himself when he isn't doing all the talking. And this constant interruption about how may sold in this show, and "Again We have so many in this color to go around" It get so boring!! Snore!! We just need newness of a different host.

I agree with you five hundred percent!  Meredith is a genuine teacher, who knows how to present food and cooking - both the process and the products.  I try (because I love cooking shows) but usually fail, to watch DV.  Too much hype, silliness and repetition of things that are of no interest, i.e. how many sold in this show. People are being sued today for s.h. over the same way he behaves with the vendors. Toally unnecessary, not "cute" in a middle aged man, and  definitely not "Southern". 

After the day's festivities, I was relaxing and channel surfing on  the sofa trying hard not to fall into food coma; I caught a few of Meredith's cooking segments.  She was really good.  It reminded me of the cooking shows on PBS.  I thought she would be really good on PBS, she'a a good teacher.

Meredith's job is not sell but show us how use the products that David V. is selling. In the kitchen with D is not a cooking show.  His producer and director run the show and that's his job to talking about the colors and the availbility.  It's about selling.

What I don't understand are the statements which I have bolded.  Are you kidding me?

Respected Contributor
I liked seeing Meredith's cooking demonstrations, but like the parade, it was shown too much. For a company that likes it's hosts to present themselves as the viewer's friends, it would have been nice to have clips done by each of the hosts.
Honored Contributor

I saw a few minutes but quite honestly none of what she was cooking looked particularly healthy. 

Respected Contributor

It's just the way it is !!!