Trusted Contributor

Certainly, I’m grateful for the moisture, but are you ready for what’s about to come Friday?

Watched the local news this evening and the meteorologist upped our (my area) snow amount several more inches. Of course it’s their guess, but you never know.

Honored Contributor

Check this out:

Probablistic Snow Forecasts for Colorado

Honored Contributor

Holy.  COW!

Honored Contributor

100' today in Amarillo, Tx

Sat the low is suppose to be 30 at nite and 50 day time high

Tom-Cruise-confused-GIF-1.gif

Respected Contributor

Right now it's 90 degrees and tomorrow lots of snow.  Tis a privilege to live in Colorado.  We are desperate for the moisture so trying not to complain.  Worried about the trees that are all leafed out.  There will be major damage.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, none if that snow will make it South to NM where we may chill down to 80° tomorrow.  How can it just stop at the state line?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It doesn't look like any of that moisture unfortunately will make it down to SW Colorado...DW

Respected Contributor

Re: Coloradans…

[ Edited ]

We always seem to get one last late snow with plummeting temperatures in May. So we will either get a skiff of snow, six or seven inches or one of those really hard heavy wet Spring snows. I have peonies ready to burst into bloom and all of our lilac bushes are in full bloom. Just hoping it doesn't destroy the peonies before they can even bloom. I planted three of my pots on the front porch but luckily I haven't planted all the pots that I do on the back patio. We do need the moisture but oh I am ready to be done with the cold and snow!! But it goes along with living in CO.

Valued Contributor

I don't knoe how you guys who live in these perpetually hot spots do it!  We are forecast for 95 Saturday and 98 Sunday and I am clearing out space under the porch.

The week following will be much cooler, but I hate anything over 75.  I would not mind the snow in May because  1) It is way better than 95-98.  and 2) It will melt in about 24 hours 

since it is May, after all.  If only I could have a calendar with One May, One December (Christmas, you know!) and TEN OCTOBERS!  I will dream about that under the porch this weekend.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

You wonder how they calculate snow totals in our metro / suburban areas. Won't most of it melt as ground so warm?  I'm going to guess very little accumulation except for grassy areas. What do you think?