Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I would still like to know what reason has Q gvien for shutting down the forums? Is it just to give people FB as the only option? I am not doing that!

@Duckncover   QVC hasn't given an explanation, just notice.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

I think it's a bad move for QVC.  I just told my husband about it and even he agreed.  I've gotten lots of good support on here, especially when I had shoulder surgery.  It's just nice to have a nice group of people you can talk to any time of the day or night.  This is all some people have.  I think QVC will see a big drop in their sales.  I will say goodbye and say I enjoyed meeting all of you and thanks for being my friends when I needed you over the years.........

@highmaintenancejan  I don't think there will be any significant drop in sales. Q has millions of customers, only a tiny fraction of whom are on this board.

Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Qvc chose Nov 2nd to end the Forums. Which happens to be Dia De Los Muertos (The Day Of the Dead). Adios Qvc Forums, and yes this place will be Dead for sure. But not fondly remembered for the choice to remove them.

seamartini190400465.jpg

Good one, @cactusgal !

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Pearlee   You are welcome.

I have given my opinion to the team to allow the boards to be open a week or two after the QVC boards are closed.  They agreed, but haven't decided a definite date yet.

Right now, getting the Terms of Service ( rules) posted is taking priority.

Truthfully, I don't there will be a problem with moderation.  I just hope that the more aggressive posters don't think that they have a free license to act out.

Zero tolerance for being hateful and disrespectful  is in place and will be applied to everyone.

Proboards has private messaging.  If you want to massage me for any reason, please do so. I have the same name at both places.

I think that there will be a problem with moderation. There are already people making comments hoping that "haters" and "meanies" from here do not participate there. Maybe posting should have not started until the "rules" were worked out. I hope that the new community boards are successful and enjoyed by those who wish to participate.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Contributor

I have just heard that the forums are closing. I don't know the reason why but there are many women who choose not to go to Facebook and with good reasons. 

This forum keeps some company and forwards good information for those who are looking for an answer for something that they would otherwise not have a place to ask,

I am sad that this decision was made and feel it should be reconsidered. 

With Regards.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I have given my opinion to the team to allow the boards to be open a week or two after the QVC boards are closed.  They agreed, but haven't decided a definite date yet.

Truthfully, I don't there will be a problem with moderation.  I just hope that the more aggressive posters don't think that they have a free license to act out.

Zero tolerance for being hateful and disrespectful  is in place and will be applied to everyone.

Proboards has private messaging.  If you want to massage me for any reason, please do so. I have the same name at both places.

I think that there will be a problem with moderation. There are already people making comments hoping that "haters" and "meanies" from here do not participate there. Maybe posting should have not started until the "rules" were worked out. I hope that the new community boards are successful and enjoyed by those who wish to participate.

@mom2four0418   

@Carmie  I think she's right. Those posts are not wiping the slate clean and a fresh start, but a whole lot of animosity directed toward certain posters. They are not civil posts.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@mom2four0418 , that forum (royals forum) can be totally ignored if you so desire. The board is divided into categories where you can post where you feel comfortable. You would be terribly missed if you chose not to try it out. There are many there that would feel the same. Also, if you find it not to your liking, you can deactivate at any time.🌺🌹💝🌸

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@mom2four0418   

@Carmie  I think she's right. Those posts are not wiping the slate clean and a fresh start, but a whole lot of animosity directed toward certain posters. They are not civil posts.

There is no way to control the way people feel.  i know that some of the posters were not happy campers on QVC, and they will carry ill feelings with them over to the new boards.  There is no way to wipe their minds clean.

That's life.  

I have seen some venting, but it is civil. No one has mentioned any names and they re happy that there is an ignore feature.

The Mods are wiping the slate clean so that we can welcome everyone.  If somone does not abide by the Terms of Service, they will not be allowed to participate....period.

We can and will deal with those issues as they happen.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 

🥰

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Trinity11 

🥰

@mom2four0418, just speaking for myself, I have not seen any name-calling or hate posts at all -- quite the opposite. I really like a new start. And I like all the functions they have.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland