Esteemed Contributor

Re: Closing Forums

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Pearlee  Lurk there for a bit.  Scroll through the members.  Check out the Royal Forum.  I think @dulwich is there.

@Pearlee You can come and browse without registering, but only for a little while longer.

The boards will be locked.  Visiting guests will not be able to read the posts or see the posters nick names.

This is being done for security and privacy.

Currently there 644 people registered.

@Carmie 

I did not know this. I am pleased with the extra security steps that are being taken.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Would some of the former posters who have been banned (they were angry and hateful people) be allowed to join on a new board? Since the answer is yes I will probably not sign up amywhere else.

@RetRN 

But..But.. you can block people on the new site. 

(YES!!) Winner winner chicken dinner. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

When the first big fight breaks out, and that is inevitable,  it will be interesting (and informative) to see how the moderation strategy works.

Yes, @Johnnyeager it will be interesting. As long as posters don't use vile language, bully or threaten why intervene at all. Who cares what someone else thinks? You should never go in with the intention of changing someones mind. State your case and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie 

I have just read where on the new boards the moderators will not be able to post. I had volunteered to help, but I was not aware of that stipulation. I am glad that I was not chosen. (smile) I would hate to give up my ability to post. I love all things books. 

To the moderators that were chosen. I thank you for undertaking a voluntary thankless job,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@manny2   Just looked at those two posts. Those are from two trouble making mean girls  who love to bait and are already doing so I see. The rest of it looked fine to me.  The people who set the board up did a very nice job. 👍  I do hope the mods delete posts that bait by people looking for trouble.

And you're not a troublemaker? ROFL! There's a difference between speculation and acting as if you KNOW how the Royals feel. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

When the first big fight breaks out, and that is inevitable,  it will be interesting (and informative) to see how the moderation strategy works.

Yes, @Johnnyeager it will be interesting. As long as posters don't use vile language, bully or threaten why intervene at all. Who cares what someone else thinks? You should never go in with the intention of changing someones mind. State your case and move on.

My feelings too, I am a big girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Occasional Contributor

I'm on Facebook but I don't like it, never post and don't read.  I'll get around to quitting it entirely.  Don't understand how anyone gets their news there.  It's mostly lies.  So, I won't be going to the new blogs.  I detest QVC website.  It's slow.  If you click on something, you go back to beginning.  I eventually give up in disgust.  HSN so much better.  Beyond me how the two companies can be so different. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Carmie 

I have just read where on the new boards the moderators will not be able to post. I had volunteered to help, but I was not aware of that stipulation. I am glad that I was not chosen. (smile) I would hate to give up my ability to post. I love all things books. 

To the moderators that were chosen. I thank you for undertaking a voluntary thankless job,

The moderators are posting.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Carmie 

The mods can post.  

Personally, I have found it a bit difficult.  I have a bunch of blue stars under my nick name that id's me as a Mod.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have noticed that a few posters get defensive and are on guard when I comment on their post in an unofficial capacity. I can tell they are uncomfortable.

I am giving it some thought.  I might choose not to post personal comments.  Hopefully, they will get more comfortable as time goes on.  I am not the bogeyman looking for victims.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Pearlee  Lurk there for a bit.  Scroll through the members.  Check out the Royal Forum.  I think @dulwich is there.

@Pearlee You can come and browse without registering, but only for a little while longer.

The boards will be locked.  Visiting guests will not be able to read the posts or see the posters nick names.

This is being done for security and privacy.

Currently there 644 people registered.

@Carmie  Why not give a specific date rather than "a little while longer?"  I am still undecided. I would hope you would let people browse there until this board closes.  

I don't have a specific date yet and it is not for me to decide.  It will be a group decision...I am guessing perhaps the second week in November.  Not until the QVC forums are closed.

Did you come over and check things out yet? Honestly, it is really nice.  I know you would like it.

@Carmie  Thanks. My issue when I posed the question was at least keeping "open enrollment" until this board closes. From your earlier posts it sounded like open enrollment could close sooner.

I signed up. But i have a lot of concern about possible biases in moderation, especially that any negative remark about Meghan M has to be racist,  as I've expressed so I'll be wary of that. Thank you all for setting it up.