Honored Contributor

Re: Closing Forums

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Pearlee  Lurk there for a bit.  Scroll through the members.  Check out the Royal Forum.  I think @dulwich is there.

@Pearlee You can come and browse without registering, but only for a little while longer.

The boards will be locked.  Visiting guests will not be able to read the posts or see the posters nick names.

This is being done for security and privacy.

Currently there 644 people registered.

@Carmie  Why not give a specific date rather than "a little while longer?"  I am still undecided. I would hope you would let people browse there until this board closes.  

I don't have a specific date yet and it is not for me to decide.  It will be a group decision...I am guessing perhaps the second week in November.  Not until the QVC forums are closed.

Did you come over and check things out yet? Honestly, it is really nice.  I know you would like it.

@Carmie  Thanks. My issue when I posed the question was at least keeping "open enrollment" until this board closes. From your earlier posts it sounded like open enrollment could close sooner.

I signed up. But i have a lot of concern about possible biases in moderation, especially that any negative remark about Meghan M has to be racist,  as I've expressed so I'll be wary of that. Thank you all for setting it up.

@Pearlee  MM isn't the whole world.  There is a Royal board but you have to roll with the punches or stay away.

You have to remember opinions about any person will always be subjective.

The issue with MM and also with Harry is that the same things keep getting repeated.  It gets old after a bit.

You wouldn't like it if posters kept trashing your Beatles; in fact, I think Paul was always a whiner and not especially that great.  It doesn't make your POV invalid nor does it make me a baiter, a hater, etc.

We cannot change people and especially people we do not know.  I know you know this, you are a smart person.

But if there is a thread about a child or charity with the royals, just let it be.  

I'm pretty sure most of us, by now, know who cannot stand MM and also Harry so negative povs just linger around and grow old.

There is a world out there filled with good things and other topics to share ideas, hopes, and to give comfort and support.

As I've always said-whether you care or not- I like you and we tussle but in the end it's just not that important, is it.

I've also only seen one person use the "r" word when negative things are said about MM.   

Just let it be.  When opinions are repeated on and on and on-they lose their punch and after a bit nobody cares.  One ends up posting to oneself.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I would think that with QVC being a 'mail order company' - and the changes in the postal service/announcements of it getting slower - that QVC is probably sweatin' bullets now because if people know that they are not going to get their purchases  in a timely manner, they will shop elsewhere.  If I were the hosts on QVC, I'd be looking for another job in my spare time. Who knows, QVC might have had to 'cut back' on the expense of having someone to monitor these boards.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   You are welcome.

I have given my opinion to the team to allow the boards to be open a week or two after the QVC boards are closed.  They agreed, but haven't decided a definite date yet.

Right now, getting the Terms of Service ( rules) posted is taking priority.

Truthfully, I don't there will be a problem with moderation.  I just hope that the more aggressive posters don't think that they have a free license to act out.

Zero tolerance for being hateful and disrespectful  is in place and will be applied to everyone.

Proboards has private messaging.  If you want to massage me for any reason, please do so. I have the same name at both places.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@Carmie 

I have just read where on the new boards the moderators will not be able to post. I had volunteered to help, but I was not aware of that stipulation. I am glad that I was not chosen. (smile) I would hate to give up my ability to post. I love all things books. 

To the moderators that were chosen. I thank you for undertaking a voluntary thankless job,

The mods can post.  

Personally, I have found it a bit difficult.  I have a bunch of blue stars under my nick name that id's me as a Mod.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have noticed that a few posters get defensive and are on guard when I comment on their post in an unofficial capacity. I can tell they are uncomfortable.

I am giving it some thought.  I might choose not to post personal comments.  Hopefully, they will get more comfortable as time goes on.  I am not the bogeyman looking for victims.

@Carmie the only one's think the mods will be bogeymen looking for victims are those who would do it given the chance. Thank you for voluteering and doing the work.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

Just throwing this out into the universe:  Not every negative comment needs to be responded to.

😏😜😊

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@Carmie 

I have just read where on the new boards the moderators will not be able to post. I had volunteered to help, but I was not aware of that stipulation. I am glad that I was not chosen. (smile) I would hate to give up my ability to post. I love all things books. 

To the moderators that were chosen. I thank you for undertaking a voluntary thankless job,

The mods can post.  

Personally, I have found it a bit difficult.  I have a bunch of blue stars under my nick name that id's me as a Mod.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I have noticed that a few posters get defensive and are on guard when I comment on their post in an unofficial capacity. I can tell they are uncomfortable.

I am giving it some thought.  I might choose not to post personal comments.  Hopefully, they will get more comfortable as time goes on.  I am not the bogeyman looking for victims.

@Carmie the only one's think the mods will be bogeymen looking for victims are those who would do it given the chance. Thank you for voluteering and doing the work.

@reiki604  The only ones who would post this is someone who has not  been accused, by very obvious innuendo, of racism in her posts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Closing Forums

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2   Agreed.  The rules are being drawn now.  Proboards also has rules in place that we cannot overide which includes toxic language, swearing, bulling, etc.

There is zero tolerance for this type of behavior.

That's a good foundation @Carmie I wish you good luck. My post is not personal I don't know you, and you don't know me, so it is just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

I would still like to know what reason has Q gvien for shutting down the forums? Is it just to give people FB as the only option? I am not doing that!

Valued Contributor

I think it's a bad move for QVC.  I just told my husband about it and even he agreed.  I've gotten lots of good support on here, especially when I had shoulder surgery.  It's just nice to have a nice group of people you can talk to any time of the day or night.  This is all some people have.  I think QVC will see a big drop in their sales.  I will say goodbye and say I enjoyed meeting all of you and thanks for being my friends when I needed you over the years.........