Honored Contributor

Re: Check your total when ordering online with Walmart!!!

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I didn't have an issue with Walmart's online ordering, but recently had an issue with Walmart in general.   My daughter recently gifted me one of the new Keurig Coffee Makers with the pods.  I had never had one of these coffee makers before so after reading all the inserts, it said you should descale the machine every 3 months.  

So, I decided to use the Keurig coffee cleaner kit and went to Walmart to purchase it.  The kit was $18 and change plus tax.  After a few days, I was on Amazon for something else and decided to check the price for the Keurig cleaner kit and it was there for $11.19 with free 2 day Prime shipping.  Same exact cleaner, same exact box.  So, I returned the $18 box to Walmart for a refund, and when the clerk asked why, I told her it's $7 over priced.   

No longer is Walmart a place where you will find the least expensive price for many things.  

@ciao_bella Why is this an issue?  You have to decide for yourself where to order and at what price.  It happens to us all. 

@Sooner      My intent was merely to point out that Walmart, which used to be the place to find the best price, is no longer that place.   

Of course,  we all can decide where to buy and/or order from, and I did just that by taking it back and getting a refund. 

@ciao_bella I have never shopped Walmart on a regular basis before Covid and we started curbside pickup for groceries, so I don't know much about their pricing. But I used to think Amazon had the best prices, but those days are gone to, so I always compare.

The bottom line now is you win some and you lose some and it probably all evens out.

Esteemed Contributor

I find with a lot of stores as consumers we have to verify our pricing. I find Target to be the worst offender.

For awhile I was on a Walmart Curbside pickup kick. I had to be careful to pick the right filters in the beginning or they would have some items available for shipping from the store, some available to ship from other places, perhaps the vendors I am not sure. I would get so frustrated, because I just wanted to place my order drive down and pickup. I finally became aware of the filters from someone on the board, and then my orders proceeded a lot smoother. 

Respected Contributor

I was mad at myself this week over a Walmart purchase.  Could have taken it back, but I tried to overlook it, lesson learned.  I bought some scotch self laminating sheets, almost $17 in the store.  After I opened the package, used one, I look online at Walmart, same thing $9 and change. (Exact same package).   I’ll really watch going forward.  I’m surprised the difference was $7 + higher at the store. 

I do usually check Amazon and EBay first.  I didn’t this time.  My fault.  Dumb.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as I don't like WalMart, I'm now forced to buy where the prices are the lowest. That includes WalMart.  It's pretty obvious when looking at the cart what has to be picked up or delivered or shipped. The fees are spelled out too. The customer has some responsibility to be sure they know all this before ordering too. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61   Exactly what happened to me with a different item.  $7 markup at Walmart in store and $7 cheaper for the same exact thing on Amazon.   I generally don't shop Walmart on a regular basis but just happened to be in there that day and bought the item thinking, 'Walmart, must be a good price'  NOT!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella   Me too.  I was in the store for something specific, and thought I’m here already, I’ll just get it also, and thought, Walmart, it will be reasonable.  I’m letting it go, but it did bother me.  Just felt ripped off.  It would not have bothered me for $1, but it’s just principle over 80% higher, same company.   

Valued Contributor

I haven't ordered anything from Walmart online in many years. They didn't keep my credit card information secure. Someone hacked into my account and charged 7 I-phones on my credit card. I had to contact my credit card company & have the charges denied. My credit card company (Capital One) was very helpful. They denied the charges & issued me a new credit card. They also refered this incident to their fraud department to see if they could track down who did it. I called Walmart customer service & they said they didn't do anything about faulty charges. I would need to contact my credit card company. Then I saw on the news that a lot of people were having their information hacked. If you made an online purchase & forgot to log out of your account afterwards, your information was wide open. Anyone could go into your account & charge things, then change the address so the items would be sent to their house.  (The I-phones were going to a blighted strip mall in California, so I don't know if the person who did this was ever caught.)They didn't even need your account password to get into your account. Hopefully they've cleared up this problem, but I've been afraid to do online purchases with Walmart ever since.