Honored Contributor

Re: Check Out Angel (Quacker)

This is going to be completely off the "who made her wedding dress" musings, but Angel has enough charm, wit, and personality to overcome limp hair and (potentially) strapless wedding dresses.  (Personally, I did not like when strapless became the "standard" option.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I think she's always been very pretty and I'm glad for her that she has decided to lose weight.  She looks good and about her hair, if one had thick curly hair like I do, then you wish for fine and flat hair on many days! Woman Frustrated 

As far as weight loss, I think often people try for vanity sake to lose weight but when its in the interest of better health, its the best choice of all.  Higher weight contributes to high blood pressure as we age as well as type II diabetes.  Not to mention the pressure on knee joints.  I know this because my MIL, who is also my best friend, has had to deal with this very thing.  She had to work hard at it because she was older too.  Now she feels much better and has controlled her HBP significantly, which makes me happy because I didn't want to lose her to a stroke or heart problems.  Her knees feel better and she told me she really feels the struggle was worth it.  She's learned how to eat differently and though its not as much fun, she still feels better when she eats right. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

My comment was for Greenhouse, don't know why I could not quote.

Sorry I didn't mean to be condescending re Angel, it has been my own experience....it is what you are inside not out and Angel is quite comfortable in her own skin.  It is the nature of David's clients and the excitement of the wedding which makes you want to look your best.  I am not one to cast the first stone...sorry.  I love Angel and so does her future husband, as she is.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:
 Maybe trying on gowns at Davids caused a change.  All sizes are there but you see very chic, thin NYC women coming out of Davids.  When I worked in NYC, Davids was close by and I noticed most of their clientele were very slender....

@Stray No, she isn't trying on gowns at David's but rather at Dennis'.  Dennis Basso offered to make her dress when she announced her engagement.  Angel herslef told us that when she was announcing it.  Must be nice....  

I thought she posted pictures at Davids on FB...either way DB gowns are beautiful and she will look lovely I am sure 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I was pretty surprised at her hair last night......never noticed how thin it was.

I wonder if her weight loss had something to do witth the hair loss.....also some BP meds exacerbate hair loss.  

I'm sure she will look beautiful on her wedding day.

I was wondering too...hope she is taking vitamins but she has her same energy and rosy cheeks 

Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

Angel looks good but I don't think she should lose more weight. Her face will start to look gaunt. Her hair is looking bad and I wonder if shes on some kind of meds that have affected her hair. Don't know.  My DD and her husband did the same thing, just before their wedding went on some kooky diet with meds, lost a lot of weight, looked great, BUT within months after wedding, the weight plus more came back!!

she looks good at this weight....I know we all did it...I think I was at my best on my wedding day....you just try to cook really good meals and you settle in and relax....then, the scale 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:
 Maybe trying on gowns at Davids caused a change.  All sizes are there but you see very chic, thin NYC women coming out of Davids.  When I worked in NYC, Davids was close by and I noticed most of their clientele were very slender....

@Stray No, she isn't trying on gowns at David's but rather at Dennis'.  Dennis Basso offered to make her dress when she announced her engagement.  Angel herslef told us that when she was announcing it.  Must be nice....  

This is funny.  I swear Angel said she got her dress at Kleinfelds and it was a DB gown.

ETA:  I knew I wasn't going crazy.  LOL  Angel wrote a blog about her dress shopping.  She said DB told her he wanted her to wear one of his dresses from his collection sold at Kleinfelds and that is where she got her gown.  She blogged all about her wonderful shopping experience at the store. 

You are right it was Kleinfelds!  They are all kind of together in that area....that is where Mark Z has a popular wedding dress line and many other designers including DB ....a former host often goes there....

Esteemed Contributor

@Danielle46 wrote:

I thought SK's dress was gorgeous.  I love  a strapless dress on the right body types.  I wore strapless and had no problems with having to kept pulling it up.   Mine was very expensive, certainly not from David's, and it was fitted properly for me.   I can assure you that SK's dress WAS NOT from David's Bridal and I would be willing to bet that neither is Angel's !!!!

I loved SK's dress too....it was a good style for her.  SK had pictures posted of her picking her dress up at DB studio and a previous poster was correct....Angel went to Kleinfelds not Davids and selected a DB dress from his line there. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Check Out Angel (Quacker),

@muttmom wrote:

Angel bought her wedding gown at David's Bridals and Dennis Basso is making her gown??????

No my error DB wedding  dress was bought at Kleinfelds NY.  Many designers have a wedding dress line there. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, I have laughed out loud a couple of times.  Smiley Happy