Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa  --  I order my checks from Bradford Exchange or Checks Unlimited.  I also get checkbook covers from Checks Unlimited.   Silly, I know, but I get checkbook covers to match my checks.

And yes, some of us still write and prefer checks.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the additonal websites. I need a new checkbook cover myself and wanted leather. I like checks that look pretty or make me smile. Sounds silly but I figure if you are paying bills you need a little something. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Check book cover?   I haven't used one of those in 20 years or more.   In fact, I'm not even sure I know where any checks are.  I don't remember the last time I wrote a check.  I probably have some in a drawer somewhere.  

@Bridgegal - ya know?  She writes checks.  I write checks, people write checks. It's no big deal bragging point that people don't write checks. Who cares?  Every time we have a post on checks, people feel they need to make a point that they certainly would never ever write a check. Like it's a bad thing.  I don't get it.  What's the big deal? 

I had part of the inside of our house painted in January.  He only took checks.  I had repair work done inside the house in December.  Again, he took checks.  Plumber I used in December charged a fee for credit card payments.  I wrote a check.  When I pick up my taxes next week, I'll write a check to our accountant and, sigh, probably one also to the IRS.  I don't see how one can go 20 YEARS and never write a check.

I write checks for my bills.  Only one I pay online is the Discover bill.  Doesn't make me a less or more efficient or wonderful person than anyone else.

@gidgetgh , everytime someone mentions writing checks, we have to have the "OMG I haven't written a check in 30 years" people making comments.

I don't write a lot but there are some places where I need to write a check because they don't take a credit card.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

Check book cover?   I haven't used one of those in 20 years or more.   In fact, I'm not even sure I know where any checks are.  I don't remember the last time I wrote a check.  I probably have some in a drawer somewhere.  

@Bridgegal - ya know?  She writes checks.  I write checks, people write checks. It's no big deal bragging point that people don't write checks. Who cares?  Every time we have a post on checks, people feel they need to make a point that they certainly would never ever write a check. Like it's a bad thing.  I don't get it.  What's the big deal? 

I had part of the inside of our house painted in January.  He only took checks.  I had repair work done inside the house in December.  Again, he took checks.  Plumber I used in December charged a fee for credit card payments.  I wrote a check.  When I pick up my taxes next week, I'll write a check to our accountant and, sigh, probably one also to the IRS.  I don't see how one can go 20 YEARS and never write a check.

I write checks for my bills.  Only one I pay online is the Discover bill.  Doesn't make me a less or more efficient or wonderful person than anyone else.

@gidgetgh , everytime someone mentions writing checks, we have to have the "OMG I haven't written a check in 30 years" people making comments.

I don't write a lot but there are some places where I need to write a check because they don't take a credit card.

@Lipstickdiva - it's like when we do a thread about postage stamps.  Same thing.  Like it's beneath them to use a postage stamp.  They would never ever keep a horrible postage stamp on hand.  I don't get it.  Apparently no one ever mails a birthday card, sympathy card, Valentine, etc.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

You can find them on Amazon.  Most are around $10.

Trusted Contributor

Try Kohls. 

We purchased checks from sams club, they are around 2 cents each, and great!