Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy Thanks for starting this post.  I needed one, too, as mine was splitting in half as well, so I ordered one that I hope will last a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Two suggestions: your check supplier also sells check book covers in leather. You can go to your online account at your bank and go to the section where you can order replacement checks, and you'll see checkbook covers. If you're looking for the regular plastic covers, your bank's branch usually has tons of them available....just ask them for new checkbook covers.

Valued Contributor

leatherology.com  standard full grain leather checkbook cover 6 colors

item # 316337 $ 35.00

Valued Contributor

google check book cover on amazon and tons appear

Honored Contributor

I have had an Anuschka for several years. 

Respected Contributor
I don’t even have checks for my account.
Respected Contributor

Check book cover?   I haven't used one of those in 20 years or more.   In fact, I'm not even sure I know where any checks are.  I don't remember the last time I wrote a check.  I probably have some in a drawer somewhere.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Both my husband and I need new check book covers, ours split in half.  They were just the bank issued kind.  Our bank doesn't replace them.  I haven't been able to find any in a store.  I did find some on Walmart.com but I haven't had much luck ordering from Walmart on line and pretty much stopped.  And, of course, Amazon.  But I'd much rather just pick one up at a store.  Where do you get your check book covers from?

I bought checks and a checkbook cover from "Current". The checks were so much cheaper than my bank, had everything I always had on my old,and I bought a new cover, suede looking with my intial on it. Check them out. I don't remember the price but wasn't expensive, but was nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Check Book Cover

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

Check book cover?   I haven't used one of those in 20 years or more.   In fact, I'm not even sure I know where any checks are.  I don't remember the last time I wrote a check.  I probably have some in a drawer somewhere.  

@Bridgegal - ya know?  She writes checks.  I write checks, people write checks. It's no big deal bragging point that people don't write checks. Who cares?  Every time we have a post on checks, people feel they need to make a point that they certainly would never ever write a check. Like it's a bad thing.  I don't get it.  What's the big deal? 

I had part of the inside of our house painted in January.  He only took checks.  I had repair work done inside the house in December.  Again, he took checks.  Plumber I used in December charged a fee for credit card payments.  I wrote a check.  When I pick up my taxes next week, I'll write a check to our accountant and, sigh, probably one also to the IRS.  I don't see how one can go 20 YEARS and never write a check.

I write checks for my bills.  Only one I pay online is the Discover bill.  Doesn't make me a less or more efficient or wonderful person than anyone else.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

THANK YOU!

I write checks too!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward