Honored Contributor

Re: Cecil Update: Dentist surfaces

@eddyandme

That's so true.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

What about those horrible bull fights in Spain? running of the bulls foolishness. That 'stuff' should be outlawed too. When people get ran over they all whine and complain it's the bulls fault. Disgusting !!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What about those horrible bull fights in Spain? running of the bulls foolishness. That 'stuff' should be outlawed too. When people get ran over they all whine and complain it's the bulls fault. Disgusting !!!!!!!!

@SharkE

You've got that right!!!  Let's pray that all this disgusting, inhumane behavior ends - and ends now.  That would be an honorable way to honor Cecile.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Funny, I hadn't heard of Cecil before but he was an international celebrity.

*********************************************************************************

If you had any interest in wildlife or big cats, you would have heard of Cecil before this.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Geez, I'm afraid to write anything, what with people turning in any post they find offensive... I'm thinking of the connection between serial killers and those who hurt animals. 

There is no doubt there are some very twisted psychopaths out there, more than we ever knew before.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I've seen a couple of documentaries on National Geographic Wild (my favorite channel!) about him.

He was a park favorite with the tourists, because he was so unfazed by humans (sadly), that he got very close for photo ops.

He was very much a 'poser', so photographers loved him! He was so regal!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I can only hope that Cecil's legacy will be to stop this horrible "sport", whether it is big game trophy hunting, bull fighting, shooting animals from helicopers, etc.

Yes, perhaps people didn't pay much attention prior to Cecil about this, yes, maybe it is because he has a name and is famous.  Does it matter, in the end, what brought these horrible practices to light?  I am glad that people, by the vast majority, are outraged about this. It just doesn't end with Cecil.

I think there are more people aware of these practices and it disgusts them.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

Whether one had heard of Cecil prior to this is irrelevant. The point is that this issue always existed and finally some attention - very serious attention - is being paid to the "sport" and those behind it.

Cecil has given the world a gift, even in death, and one recompense is that he will never be forgotten and just maybe the world will be changed by it. 

images-35.jpeg

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

@biancardi, we had the exact same thoughts! Heart Heart

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

*********************************************************************************

If you had any interest in wildlife or big cats, you would have heard of Cecil before this.

I think that's just a bit unfair.  I never heard of Cecil and I get email and promotional material and contribute to ALL sorts of animal causes (both domestic and wild).  We can't have eyes and ears everywhere.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to have heard of him now.

Sometimes it takes a catalyst like Cecil to bring even more people and action to further the cause (even if it wasn't a full-blown cause before).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.