Honored Contributor

Scorching Heat Dome Over Middle East: 165 F In Iran

Good grief Smiley Surprised

"The heat index was recorded by a group of astonished weather experts who predict the country could be enduring some of the hottest urban temperatures ever endured by mankind.

The dome - a type of high pressure ridge that is passing over the region - has exacerbated electricity and water supply issues and makes the scorching heat even more unbearable."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11777843/Scorching-heat-dome-over-Middle-E...

A heat dome over the West Coast is said to be be the reason we're having a drought and the East Coast is getting so much rain.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: Scorching Heat Dome Over Middle East: 165 F In Iran

That is insane. 

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

That is insane. 

Yeah, I can't even imagine it.  And surely they have animals that live outside.  It has to be torture for them all.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I don't remember hearing about heat domes years ago.  I wonder if it was uncommon then, or they just didn't get into such detail about the weather.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

"The heat index was recorded by a group of astonished weather experts who predict the country could be enduring some of the hottest urban temperatures ever endured by mankind.

The dome - a type of high pressure ridge that is passing over the region - has exacerbated electricity and water supply issues and makes the scorching heat even more unbearable."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11777843/Scorching-heat-dome-over-Middle-E...

A heat dome over the West Coast is said to be be the reason we're having a drought and the East Coast is getting so much rain.

@NoelSeven wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Honored Contributor

Well, hello, Lucky Charm Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I remember reading something fairly recently about either creation of clouds, or cloud seeding, or something along those lines (perhaps repair to the ozone layer).  It was being done so as to counteract warming.  I cannot find the article, but I swear I saw it and wish I'd saved it.  It was very hopeful.  And might mean we'd not have such dangerous weather such as @NoelSeven just wrote about.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I started a thread about this a couple of days ago Smiley Happy