Honored Contributor

Re: Caution: Inspect your NutriSystem food

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@IamMrsGApparently Nutrisystem uses QVC as a dumping ground for old, stale product.  All too often QVC uses the TSV to get rid of defective merchandise.

@Kachina624   And you base this conclusion on one particular experience?

That's not fair to Nutrisystem nor QVC in my opinion.

@Pearlee.  Quite the contrary; I base it on a number of personal experiences I've had with TSVs.  If the Nutrisystem contained wildlife, I'd say it's quality is obvious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@IamMrsGApparently Nutrisystem uses QVC as a dumping ground for old, stale product.  All too often QVC uses the TSV to get rid of defective merchandise.

@Kachina624   And you base this conclusion on one particular experience?

That's not fair to Nutrisystem nor QVC in my opinion.

@Pearlee.  Quite the contrary; I base it on a number of personal experiences I've had with TSVs.  If the Nutrisystem contained wildlife, I'd say it's quality is obvious.

@Kachina624  First of all, that's not what you stated in the portion of your post I highlighed; that's a different point.  Second of all, I think your statement is still very unfair to NS and QVC.  Third, bugs could have gotten into dry food at any number of sources, including the poster's cupboard or whever it was in her home overnight.

You made a sweeping generalization in your post I took issue with that, in my opinion isn't merited.

Honored Contributor

Bugs are nutrient enriched.

Bon appetit!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

After notifying QVC NutriSystem should be notified. This is a serious problem.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624  First of all, that's not what you stated in the portion of your post I highlighed; that's a different point.  Second of all, I think your statement is still very unfair to NS and QVC.  Third, bugs could have gotten into dry food at any number of sources, including the poster's cupboard or whever it was in her home overnight.

You made a sweeping generalization in your post I took issue with that, in my opinion isn't merited.

First, for those who suggested QVC would not want the second box of my auto delivery returned, I received a phone call this morning from the QVC office, and yes, they did want Box #2 back. I mailed it to them today, marking the return slip as ‘defective’ and requesting a refund.

Now, @Pearlee, I don’t know if you are aware how NutriSystem packages their meals, but each is pre-measured and individually packaged in tightly sealed containers. Additionally, I unequivocally denounce your proposition that my bug infested home may be the source of the issue. I most definitely assure you this is not the case and that I take umbrage at your suggestion.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

After notifying QVC NutriSystem should be notified. This is a serious problem.

@Catiele  Mid-month, when I found the first moldy muffin, I did call NutriSystem to report it to them.  They were apologetic and even sent me a replacement.  When I found the second spoiled muffin, rather than look like I was looking for free food, I let it slide. As previously discussed, I rationalized it had been a hot month.

At nearly the end of the first box, discovering black spots crawling in the bowl of oatmeal was the final straw.  Have you heard the joke about, "What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?"  "Finding half a worm."  That is exactly how I felt about the month of food I had already consumed.  

I agree whole heartedly that food sanitation is a serious matter. That is precisely why I originated the cautionary post for others.  I imagine the issue of lost revenue--and maybe even possible liability--due to buggy food would be best addressed between QVC and NutriSystem.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG

A sure way to lose weight!  Nasty, rotten food that is inedible will result in weight loss.  Ugh.  

A very good friend moved across the country last year and tossed a lot of things so she could reduce her moving expenses.  She said she had the most fun tossing her Nutrisystem food!  According to her, it was horrible. 

Honored Contributor

In general, and not specifically talking about NS.  And dare I say:

Even though I'm not a fan of chemicals in general, they do come in handy.  I'd rather purchase foods, cookies, packaged items, etc. that have preservatives than have issues with mildew, mold, bugs, etc.

There is a time and a place for almost everything, more or less.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I saw a bunch of nutrisystem food at Big Lots last year....I looked at it out of curiosity and I couldn't believe the huge amount of sodium, chemicals, and other additives. Non of it could possibly be healthy. This brand is selling artificial food. I can't imagine what it would taste like.  I would insist on a refund.