Respected Contributor

Caution: Inspect your NutriSystem food

I am sharing this information as a 'heads up' to anyone who subscribed to the NutriSystem TSV on Aug. 26.  I just cancelled my auto delivery and will be returning box #2 as defective merchandise tomorrow morning. 

Box #1 had spoiled food.  I've had moldy muffins and, just this morning, my oatmeal had live bugs in it.  Just thinking about what I might have consumed unseen this month from those pouches or bowls turns my stomach.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Caution: Inspect your NutriSystem food

Never understood why the appeal of pre-packaged foods. Salt content is high as well preservatives. Save your life and money buy fresh food. 

Honored Contributor

They won't want the food back.  Just call Customer Service and explain and they will give you a credit.  (I have never had to return any food to QVC, but did get a credit by calling.)

Honored Contributor

Turns my stomach before the bugs and mold....gotta love processed food. I can't imagine your distress.   I'd be doing a three day juice fast and get on whole foods in a hurry.  Wishing you the best of health!

Esteemed Contributor

While I would love to lose weight I have never been a fan of prepackaged foods.  I know they work initially  but to sustain them over time seems all but impossible.  I wish everyone well on these but they are not for me even if they are free  of contaminants, bugs, spoiled items, etc. 

QVC Customer Care

@IamMrsG  I am sorry to see this happened to you. if you haven't contacted us yet about this please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com so that we can get this to the appropriate team for handling.

My apologies again!!! Smiley Sad

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG.  They won't want the food back which is good about QVC, my husband made the mistake of ordering it from Walmart. No dry ice, everything warm, ice cream melted all over. They told him he had to send it back before they would send a new one. 

When he got the new one I tasted it. Worse stuff I ever tasted.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

They won't want the food back.  Just call Customer Service and explain and they will give you a credit.  (I have never had to return any food to QVC, but did get a credit by calling.)

@IamMrsG

I agree w/ @Daysdee

They probably will NOT want the food back!!  Esp. considering the circumstances!!

Please be sure you call C/S before you may waste a trip and time to the Post Office.

They should just credit you in full without sending bad food back!!

So sorry that happened to you!

Respected Contributor

I do not think I will be able to eat today after reading the OP's post.  Now I wonder where NutriSystem food is "packaged" at ... USA or imported?

Honored Contributor

I was seriously considering NutriSystem and ordering from their website but I was concerned about where I would put a month's supply of food in my condo.  After this post, I will stick to Weight Watchers!