Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What My Neighbor Just Did

@occasionalrain wrote:

Con men are nice, Bill Cosby was nice, Jerry Sandusky was nice...

Please, why do some posters have to turn a thread about a rude neighbor into an expose of something entirely unrelated.   

Bill Cosby and Jerry Sandusky???   Really?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

There is a world of difference between a living being and an in adamant object like a car. 

As to laws, there is no law mandating manners or courtesy; you aren't required to say please, thank you, excuse me. You don't have to cover your nose when you sneeze, flush the toilet after you use it, give up your seat to someone who needs it more than you do. You don't have to respect your neighbor's wish that you not park in front of his house but a considerate person would.

So it would be okay if he had sprayed someone's empty wheel chair or empty baby carriage that happened to be on the sidewalk by his house?

Contributor

occasionalrain, are YOU Hot Street's next door neighbor?    :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was responding to the post by rest of us who seems to think if someone is nice they are trustworthy. 

No, I am not the neighbor in question. Where I live we are considerate, we don't park in front of the houses of our neighbors.

Valued Contributor

It costs nothing to be kind and helpful to our neighbors.  I live in a condo community.  My 2-car garage is attached to my neighbor's 1-car garage.  There is no room to park on the street. They have a lot of company and I have none so I've told them to feel free to park in front of my garage whenever needed.  If I have to go out, which I rarely do, I just knock on their door.  I don't see why their company, most of whom are seniors with walking issues, should have to park a distance when I have space that I'm not utilizing.  I'm blessed to have them as neighbors as they are always helping me with things and she's a great cook who always shares...bless her heart.  Life is too short to nit-pick and become angry over every little thing.  A little kindness goes a long way.   docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't think people are as "neighborly" as there were 20 yrs ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Neighbor moved in.  Lots of trucks to help out including all sorts of repair, etc.  A huge van parked in back of my driveway giving me limited space to back out and swing by.  I never was good at backing up even in my youth.   In any case, my point.  I SAID NOTHING FOR FOUR DAYS.  Now everything behind me is gone.  

Had I made an issue of it, it might have been a long hot summer and an issue always looming and remembered.  I chose to just shut up and wait.  And then I could have hosed down her car-truck (only kidding).  

I do live rural and this was strange indeed because we truly do have other spaces or areas.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think people are as "neighborly" as there were 20 yrs ago.

Ha!  20 yrs ago I had awful neighbors on both sides.  They moved and now I have good neighbors.

Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

By any chance, is he a retired senior citizen? Just wondering...he sounds like someone with a lot of time on his hands.

LOL  I am..........boy my neighbors better watch out!  I have an extra couple of hours today.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people are just plain nasty and hateful.  It is hard when they are a neighbor.