Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What My Neighbor Just Did

sounds like people have too much time on their hands

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hot Street wrote:

My next door neighbor is an angry soul.

The neighbor on the other side of him is parking her car in front of his unit. It's a city street, so you are allowed to park on the street anywhere, except over night.

I just saw him turn on his yard hose and from his patio, he hosed down her SUV.   He did it for a long time.   He wasn't watering any foilage.   It was deliberate.

We live in a hot climate, so the water will dry immediately and no doubt probably leave a lot of water marks all over the windows, etc.

He could have simply asked if she would park her car in a different spot. He doesn't have many visitors, if any, so I don't know why it's a problem. I assume the car is in his line of sight from his front window.

It looked ridiculous.  I just wish someone else had witnessed it.

So immature.

@Black Cat Back  Do you know for a fact he didn't?

I have neighbors that have been doing that for twenty years.  Parking in front of my house rather than theirs.  At first they said it was because the guy across the street from them had a large truck and our street is narrow so they didn't want to park opposite it in case either would get sideswiped by a passing car. OK...but the guy with the big truck moved away a long time ago and they still don't park in front of their own house.  I think they just prefer to walk on my lawn to get in and out of their car (with their family members) or reach into their car for items.  They want a perfect lawn so they'd rather tramp down mine.   They also sometimes miss the low curb and therefore have tires on my tree lawn.  

I dlsike it.  Also when I have repairs trucks coming to my home, not all can park in front of my house, nor can my guests.  Maybe it's petty but I wish the neighbors would park in front of their own home. And yes, I've spoken to them about it and they don't care.  It is a public street so I can't do anything about it other than ask them not to, but IMO they are terribly inconsiderate.

Valued Contributor

I for one do not like looking at someones parked car in front of my home. My kitchen, dining and living room all look out to the front yard and to have a car sitting in front of home all day drives me nuts. The sun hits the car just right and it throws glare back.

It my neighbors are having guests and it is just for a time then I am fine but if they decided to take a parking space in from of my house then I kindly ask them to please move.

Luckily, our neighbors are considerate and it doesn't happen to often.

Valued Contributor

Please, I think you are going a tad far to call him a nut bag.

Valued Contributor

Why don't you leave a note on her car and tell if would be best to park in front of YOUR house to keep peace on the street. If you are so concerned offer a solution not throw gas on the fire.

Valued Contributor

Face palm this response.

Valued Contributor

Common curiosity is a must. When I back out of my driveway, I don't need to be calling a neighbor to move their vehicle. My neighbors always tell me if they have quests coming and  can they park in front of my house. They don't throw cans and etc. on the ground. Sometimes when arriving home, my neighbor opens my gate, so I don't have to get out of my truck, and they close the gate also. I don't have a lot of visitors besides my family, and a few friends, not a crowd of people at one time needing a place to park. My neighbor's and I respect each other and we keep a watchful eye on each other homes when they are at work or vacations. The law may say it's OK to park in front of someone home, but asking to me, is just simple manners.That being said, it should not be a habit, in other words not every day, especially it they have a yard. 

Trusted Contributor

This neighbor also allows his trees to overgrow and hang over my wall in the back and the people to the north of us.   He never trims his tree.  His small backyard looks like a forest.   I have to get on a ladder and trim it all back every month.   He won't do a thing to keep up his property, so he really doesn't have the right to complain.

Again, the SUV in question is not right in front of his place.   Just maybe 1 foot.   The rest is parked in front of her own place.

Trusted Contributor

Just ignore him or he might get the hose out and use it on your car. He sounds angry maybe a little dementia setting in. On the other hand he could be just a rude jerk!

Honored Contributor

Haven't read the replies yet, so don't know how far off the rails this has gone, but I will say that when we lived a place that had on street parking in front of each house, it was just common courtesy to NOT park anywhere but in front of your own property. That used to be the kind of consideration people gave one another back in the day, their space. There were only single family dwellings, all residential, no business, and most properties could get two cars on the street in front of their homes. All had driveways as well.

Yes, it is a public street, and yes, if someone on the street is having a get together and there are a lot of cars, nothing wrong with them being in front of others property for a short time, and should be expected/accepted. But some people think that they can take over the entire neighborhood. 

Was rather immature, what he did, but I don't think it could be considered vandalism and do we know if he has asked for the space in front of his home to be kept for his use? Sometimes people get tired of asking.