Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Believe What My Neighbor Just Did

@libbyannE wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Some neighorhoods have an unwritten rule..you don't park in front of someone else's house.  Perhaps that is why he so angry.  At any rate, he sprayed the car with water.  You say it's hot,  so it dried quickly.  The owner got a free car wash out of the deal.

Unwritten rules do not apply. If it is a public street, the parking space in front of his home is NOT his to control. But I would stay out of his way, anyway. He clearly has anger issues.

There's a difference between what you CAN do and what you should do.  I get that some people just love to bicker and fight but I'm not one of those people.  If I had a neighbor and I knew he got all bent out of shape when I parked in front of his house.....I just wouldn't park there.  It's not about legalities.  It's about being a good neighbor.  Sometimes, you have to give a little to get along. 

Honored Contributor

I don't want people parking in front of my house. I don't park in front of their's.  Common courtesy.  

Your neighbor wouldn't concern me. It's the ones who seem so nice that should be of concern. They are the ones who get even when no one is watching.

Respected Contributor

He's being labled as a nut case because he sprayed water on a car???

Trusted Contributor

He drives a 1980 Ford truck with a terrible faded paint job.  He works on it all day.   IF someone were to even touch his truck... I can only imagine what would happen.

He didn't just "spray some water" on the car.   He had the hose on it for quite some time.  She may have had a window cracked open and the water got inside.

I don't give hoot if it's water or beer.   She's not even right in front of his place, she isn't violating any law.   She moves the car overnight.

Some of you tell me she shouldn't park there even when I told you the police said she has every right.   I guess some of you like to violate laws.

No  one should violate someone's car for no other reason than getting even.  If we lived in a society that could at free will just do what they want, well... get the picture.

I respect my neighbors and other people.   

Trusted Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

He's being labled as a nut case because he sprayed water on a car???

Would you mind if he sprayed the  kid on the bike or the elderly lady on the walker walking by?    It's just water, right?

Respected Contributor

I understand you @Black Cat Back.

I also live in a desert climate and water sprayed on a car in the sun will create white streaks and dirt run-off. There is usually so much mineral content in the water that you will also get build up that is hard to remove. If you had a clean car to start with, it will be trashed if that happened.

The man is mean-spirited and in my opinion, a vandal.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a world of difference between a living being and an in adamant object like a car. 

As to laws, there is no law mandating manners or courtesy; you aren't required to say please, thank you, excuse me. You don't have to cover your nose when you sneeze, flush the toilet after you use it, give up your seat to someone who needs it more than you do. You don't have to respect your neighbor's wish that you not park in front of his house but a considerate person would.

Contributor

To occasionalrain:   Whoa.... I worry about anyone whose opinion is that if you're nice, you're hiding something and could snap with some vicious vindictive behavior.  What has the world come to when people need to be suspicious of someone who's nice?  Yikes!  

Esteemed Contributor

By any chance, is he a retired senior citizen? Just wondering...he sounds like someone with a lot of time on his hands.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Con men are nice, Bill Cosby was nice, Jerry Sandusky was nice...