Trusted Contributor

@Jaspersmom  .........  My opinion ........ This woman is not stupid. This woman has an anger management and possibly one other problem. From what has been written she was upset supposedly because they were talking Spanish and because she felt they were not social distancing to her satisfaction. Did she use the social distancing for her other dislike? Who knows. She can answer that question in court. 

Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know. It does feel to me that there is some unspoken message that has emboldened people to act out in ways I don't recall in the past, at least not on the level we're seeing.

I just read today that my county's wonderful director of health has been facing death threats for a couple months now from seriously out-there people. She's not resigning; she's in for the duration.

I preferred when the loons stayed in their mothers' basements or shouted on street corners.

I think people are allowing their social media/online personas into the real world. 

Also, many take their cues from TV.  How much kindness have you seen there lately?

Some people don't see the line between reality and fiction. 

Just following the Leader......

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

What mother and grandmother would have EVER even allowed a stranger even BEGIN to approach me, my baby, anybody to move closer to their baby like this woman did????????????

It is MY practice to back away when I see someone begin to get closer to me - in THIS day and age OR any day and age.

If  you do not know me and/or I do not know you. STAY the HECK AWAY FROM ME.

@PINKdogWOOD   So it is the mom's fault that this woman did what she did????

She was in FRONT of them and turned around so fast the reaction time did not keep up with her action.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg  Had she done that to my child, she would be recovering from her serious injuries. How despicable.  Also despicable is that no one could hold her until the police showed up.

It is unfortunate that we have so many people who are so self-centered and care about no one else.  Interestingly, I get a news feed every day and today one article was about two foreign students who are studying here in the US.  When the pandemic started, they tried to get home and were told by their goverment that they were spoiled brats who put themselves before the safety of others in their country.  In my opinion, it is time for parents, politicians, and the news media to start calling people out for bad behavior.  All we see on the news today is glorifying disgusting behavior, which sends the wrong message to self-centered people or people who have no moral conscience.  Again, just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't know. It does feel to me that there is some unspoken message that has emboldened people to act out in ways I don't recall in the past, at least not on the level we're seeing.

I just read today that my county's wonderful director of health has been facing death threats for a couple months now from seriously out-there people. She's not resigning; she's in for the duration.

I preferred when the loons stayed in their mothers' basements or shouted on street corners.

I think people are allowing their social media/online personas into the real world. 

Also, many take their cues from TV.  How much kindness have you seen there lately?

@DottieBlue   ALthough I know where you loyalties are, I'll ask which leader you mean.........p-o-tu-s? Leader of the house?  The basement candidate?

Seems we have a few to choose from, no?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@DottieBlue   ALthough I know where you loyalties are, I'll ask which leader you mean.........p-o-tu-s? Leader of the house?  The basement candidate?

@Cakers 

Really?  You know where my loyalties are?  To be absolutely clear, my loyalties are to the Constitution of the United States and the rule of law.

Do you know where your loyalties are? 

Have a nice day, cakers.

Honored Contributor

I remember there was something called "majority rules" in this country.

Now it seems more like "he who yells the loudest and is the most obnoxious" makes the news.

I keep thinking about that show on TV (I can't stand the show incidentally) called, "What would you do".

Most people would pop up and give an answer like, "I'd say something to her in front of everyone".

But you know what?  I've actually seen and been in situations where groups of people have stood by and let things happen.

When I've spoken up, my friend I was with was so angry with me, she wouldn't talk to me for a day or two.  There were also times when AFTER  the person left, my friend would feign relief...then tell me what I'd missed.

So...this SEEMS like a perfect example where people just stood by in silence.

However, in retrospect, I guess there isn't much that can be done at the time.

I salute whomever took the picture, at least they did something.

I like to think I'd have gotten out of line with my baby because someone that obnoxious, loud and willing to cause attention in a negative way, well....you literally don't know what they'd be willing to do.

I like to think I'd make a decision that I didn't want that yogurt that bad anyway.

The safety of my baby comes before everything.

With someone like her, it's not very likely you'd be able to change her opinion (this is definitely not a case of using it as a learning experience).  

I'd get the heck out of Dodge...so to speak.

Respected Contributor

The woman has been identified as a school district employee. How very, very sad. I hope she's at least FIRED. She has no business working in a school district if this is what she does.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3   No, I did not say this. And yes I did get the fact that this woman was in front of the women with the baby.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The basement candidate? What a gratuitous slam. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland